Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Photo

toronto699
Level 13
here is the 1080 Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080 AURA technology
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-photo.html
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Ahh cool it has the Aura lighting feature, I hope it's not controlled through Geforce Experience.

toronto699
Level 13
We will know all about the Strix 1080 on july 30 from computex 2016 in Taiwan

toronto699
Level 13
I Installed a New version of Tweak ll version 1.2.6.0 in the tools section there is "Aura "Graphics Card" lighting install option
Tweak ll version 1.2.6.0 is for GTX1080 support

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS Probably prepare and GTX1080 Poseidon.
She will be attractive special for Maximus Formula owners who need only CPU block for full watercooling.
GTX1080 is hot as TITAN X and Poseidon will keep that easy on 50C with nice loop.

toronto699
Level 13
1080 Strix Review factory tweak and now with AURA RGB LED lighting as well. Join me in a review of the card in all its 8 GB glory.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-review,1.html

I only wish Guru3d would have used New Tweak version 1.2.7.5 to review the Asus Strix GTX180 as many of us are having huge issues with New Tweak version 1.2.7.5

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS GTX1080 Strix have very nice factory OC. It's nicer card this year than GTX980Ti Strix.
I believe this will be one of cards with lowest temperatures compare to models with air cooling.

hiong
Level 8
Asus seemed to have combined ROG and Strix for the GPU line, so I guess there will not be a GTX 1080 Matrix?

Vlada011
Level 10
They will launch something else probably, but Strix will be probably best air cooled graphic card from ASUS.
Looking triple cooler and design I expect nice temperatures for air cooler. Power consumption is not 250W and this cooler could deal even with higher TDP,
But it's important because EKWB made waterblock for Strix GTX1080. For me watercooling is today important and for gamers, not only for people who want to OC.

Hi all,

Just picked up a 1080 08G. I was able to load Aura once, and play with some of the settings, then I think my machine might have BSOD at some point. When booting up my machine I get a "Bios load fail!" Error message. I hit ok on the button, and then realized the lighting on my strix was no longer using the settings I had set last time. I uninstalled Aura software and rebooted and had no error messages, but the 1080 is still doing its default pulse routine.

Card seems to be running fine as far as I can tell, I tried to install Aura again, but upon running it I get the same "BIOS Load Fail" error.

Anyone help me out? I'm super new to all this stuff.

Thanks!