cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperx Cloud Revolver + ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo - Worth it?

Laucien
Level 7
Hi!,

I want to buy a new headset to replace my Logitech G930 and I really like the Hyperx Revolver. I've been reading and watching some reviews and apparently they are pretty good so I think they're a safe bet, right?.

Also, I have an ASUS Maximus VII Ranger and am using the onboard sound... would I get an improvement if I switch to a dedicated sound card? Specifically the
Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus. I can get it at a rather affordable price here and from what I can read about it seems to be near top of the line... is it or am I wrong on that?.

To sum it up basically. HyperX Revolver, yay or nay?. Dedicated sound card - ROG Xonar Phoebus, yay or nay?.
1 REPLY 1

DamnedLife
Level 7
Laucien wrote:
Hi!,

I want to buy a new headset to replace my Logitech G930 and I really like the Hyperx Revolver. I've been reading and watching some reviews and apparently they are pretty good so I think they're a safe bet, right?.

Also, I have an ASUS Maximus VII Ranger and am using the onboard sound... would I get an improvement if I switch to a dedicated sound card? Specifically the
Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus. I can get it at a rather affordable price here and from what I can read about it seems to be near top of the line... is it or am I wrong on that?.

To sum it up basically. HyperX Revolver, yay or nay?. Dedicated sound card - ROG Xonar Phoebus, yay or nay?.

Both Yay. I had been using ROG Xonar Phoebus for a year now and it is great. I previously owned creative audigy 2 zs and then x-fi xtreme music, they were also good but I needed a card with a headphone amp. For starters I also have Razer Tiamat 7.1 and they go along with my Logitech z506 which is connected analog. Tiamat has an option to bypass between the two so when speakers is selected in windows I can actually use either the Logitech or the Tiamat with just pushing on the Tiamat's corresponding button and changing the speaker setup between 5.1 and 7.1. BUT I have to say Tiamat sounds awful compared to HyperX Cloud Revolver. Revolver is the most comfortable headphones Ive ever used and it sounds amazing and believe me when I say that stereo is all you need in a headphone, both the virtual and real ( having 5 drives in a small can is really not working) surround both are gimmicks.. Revolver is my main headphone and x506 is day time speakers. Go for both if you can and don't consider Tiamat for a second or any kind of virtual surround gimmicky headphones for that matter.