cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Splendid ICM profile for the ASUS E402SA (can`t install the app)

synaps
Level 7
Hi, everyone.
I can`t install the Splendid utility, both from the official support site - https://www.asus.com/ua/Notebooks/E402SA/HelpDesk_Download/ (V3.13.0004) and the latest that I found - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/Splendid/Splendid_Win10_64_VER3140006.zip?_ga=1.1... (may 2016).
Is it possible to install Splendid or I should wait for the new version?
6 REPLIES 6

toronto699
Level 13
Did u do a clean install of Windows? or reformat your laptop, what u need is the original Splendid utility file that came with your laptop, then u can install a new version.

toronto699 wrote:
Did u do a clean install of Windows? or reformat your laptop, what u need is the original Splendid utility file that came with your laptop, then u can install a new version.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, it was an absolutely clean installation of Windows10x64. What "Splendid utility file" do you mean, .exe from the CD-disk wich came with my laptop? Or from the download center (the link that I gave earlier)?
I can`t install it, because of an error. And if you navigate to the Splendid_Win10_64_VER3130004.zip/Data/ColorTable, there are .icm profiles only for the X555 model, that is confusing.

toronto699
Level 13
u need the original splendid video file that came preinstalled on the laptop. Most asus laptops have an Esupport folder that have all the preinstalled apps. U need the original splendid video app from the esupport folder if the laptop had that esupport folder if not u need the original splendid file that was preinstalled on the laptop, When one does a clean install the esupport folder is deleted or the original splendid video file with the icm is deleted. u need to find someone that has the same laptop and ask them for the original splendid video file that was preinstalled.

AtlasMinor
Level 8
I downloaded and looked inside your splendid and your right, nothing but X555 icm files, but those are deflated during install and yours has a ton of them and it could be in there.

If you didnt look at the ICM loaded ontot the laptop through Advanced display settings, clicking (List all Modes)

Found under Display adapter properties or didnt make a system backup image after first login to Win10

What you can do

Run the Asus WinFlash utility and look to see what model your notebook really is listing.

Find that model or post a pick of what WinFlash is saying and try that models splendid, there could be another asus support page for your laptop.

If you have a recovery disk from Asus or place of purchase extended recovery plan use, make a image of the repairs and create a ESupport Driver Disk from the ESupport folder before clean installing Win10.

Should look like this 58005
Hope this helps.

toronto699, I asked one guy on the web that he share his .icm profile from the E402Sa model. However, he haven`t replied yet.

AtlasMinor, thank you for the reply, man.
The problem №1 is that I can`t install WinFlash Utility from the official support page of my E402SA model notebook... (see the screenshot below)

The strange thing №2 is that, as you suggested, in the Color Profile Control Panel I have already some preinstalled profile from the MA-model. Nevertheless, Splendid software installation can`t be copleted, and the last ver. (may 2016) contains this profile. Screenshot is attached.

For now, I`ve just set it as default color profile for my screen, but without Splendid I can not change any color presets.

AtlasMinor
Level 8
ouch, ok i although im on the AMD side of things for win10, unfortunate for me, given the whole crimson crisis ....

I only ran into the ( Only Asus products ) error, and when that happened, my notebook was back from RMA and logging in for first time, with Splendid and all software already pre-installed before RMA

when i opened my app's i recieved that error message. except i got your error message for speldid whe it did open blank and at re-install, but my winFlash error told me i wasnt a notebook!!!

You can open System Information and it will be listed on the first opening page. Found under Administrative Tools in the menu.

To say the least i ended up sendingthe unit back to RMA becuase of these exact same error, i found no solution for the errors your seeing. I had to call support explain , and create RMA now becuase it was repaired that way or if it a legit reason to send to RMA not sure, but my RMA was re-created becuase of what i explained.

I think it means Windows-10 upgrade has wiped-out your original UEFI code... but please dont hold me to that, i only knew what i was seeing, and it was the exact same errors you posted in your screenshot.

oh, np always glad to help.