cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need BIOS Dump From P8B75-M/CSM - Please Help

asus6
Level 7
I posted this on the VIP/Asus site too, not sure which gets more traffic these days.

I need someone with P8B75-M/CSM to please dump their BIOS from the motherboard for me.

I had a perfectly working P8B75-M/CSM, updated to the latest BIOS and fully tested working fine. But I wasn't sure which BIOS chip was main and backup on the board, so I pulled them both and updated via a USB eeprom programmer, using the 1701 .Cap file downloaded online.

I now know my mistake(S) by doing that, I fully erased the chips (mistake 1) and re-wrote the incorrect files (2). I did attempt to write in a bin and rom version of the same BIOS, but no luck since I erased everything else on the first flash-over. Board now does 1 second start/reboot cycle, same with both BIOS removed too.

I know I will need to reprogram the new BIOS files with the board details UUID, MAC, and SN with FD44Editor before flashing again.

Hope someone can help me and upload a dump from P8B75-M/CSM, you can do this by "Saving" your current BIOS using Asus Update utility, or DOS with BUpdater, and probably many other tools will accomplish this too.

Thanks in advance, help me save this board!
4 REPLIES 4

asus6
Level 7
Can anybody out there help?

Was hoping someone in Asus office would go grab a board, or just the needed full BIOS file, and help save this board

www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-Chip-ASUS-P8B75-M-CSM-/401114664708?hash=item5d644c0f04:g:xNgAAOSwwbdWLauC
W7+RIVE+3930k+H80,32GB Kingston 1600,Samsung 830 64x2 Raid0,Geforce GT440,Seasonic 1050XM

I don't need a chip though, just a simple file share is all 😞

I contacted another similar seller on ebay, they'd never heard of this exact model and wanted a link.
Their next reply was they'd sell me the file for $10, which I assume meant they downloaded the .Cap file and didn't really have a full board dump which I need.
Not sure the $14 chip would be any different, a flashed .cap file (or rom extracted from the online .cap file) onto the chip which wont work

Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll have to reach out to this particular seller and see if they have a full board dump or just the publicly available partial BIOS files.

McGoober
Level 7
asus@aushack.com wrote:
I posted this on the VIP/Asus site too, not sure which gets more traffic these days.

I need someone with P8B75-M/CSM to please dump their BIOS from the motherboard for me.

I had a perfectly working P8B75-M/CSM, updated to the latest BIOS and fully tested working fine. But I wasn't sure which BIOS chip was main and backup on the board, so I pulled them both and updated via a USB eeprom programmer, using the 1701 .Cap file downloaded online.

I now know my mistake(S) by doing that, I fully erased the chips (mistake 1) and re-wrote the incorrect files (2). I did attempt to write in a bin and rom version of the same BIOS, but no luck since I erased everything else on the first flash-over. Board now does 1 second start/reboot cycle, same with both BIOS removed too.

I know I will need to reprogram the new BIOS files with the board details UUID, MAC, and SN with FD44Editor before flashing again.

Hope someone can help me and upload a dump from P8B75-M/CSM, you can do this by "Saving" your current BIOS using Asus Update utility, or DOS with BUpdater, and probably many other tools will accomplish this too.

Thanks in advance, help me save this board!

I have the dump for the right BIOS chip. Facing the motherboard from top (CPU) to bottom (PCI lanes), The left BIOS chip can be flashed with .cap file provided in ASUS support downloads (this is the file you will put your UUID, MAC, and SN).

PM me for link