cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreeemely stupid mistakes - ASUS site - STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING graphic card spec's

procc
Level 7

6 REPLIES 6

Kenrou
Level 8
CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for reporting this, I'll definitely let our web master know and have this corrected

Bahz
Level 12
Do you have the exact link? I've checked on the global site and doesn't display the DDR2 part

Kenrou
Level 8
Page layout was changed and corrected
CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black

Nate152
I'm not so sure it's wrong except maybe the 2, as with DDR memory you want to double what it shows. For instance with cpu-z you click on the memory tab and it shows half the value of what your ram speed is. The same with MSI Afterburner, it shows half the value of what the memory (Vram) speed is.

Nate152 wrote:
I'm not so sure it's wrong except maybe the 2, as with DDR memory you want to double what it shows. For instance with cpu-z you click on the memory tab and it shows half the value of what your ram speed is. The same with MSI Afterburner, it shows half the value of what the memory (Vram) speed is.

Yeah, I thought the same thing except I still can't make it jive. GDDR5 is based on DDR3 so saying DDR3 might sorta make sense. DDR3 is 8x the bus speed. However I can't explain the DDR2 notation.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if you can eventually explain it. If it doesn't make sense to us then it's surely nonsensical to the average buyer. It means someone did a poor job of expressing what they meant.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…