cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6900k to 4.5ghnz help.

DemiSLayer
Level 7
Hi I have rampage v extreme with 6900k h110i gtx and gskill tridentz 3200mhz 15cl memory

I can get the system to 4.4 using the preset for 8core overclock in the bios then set 4.4 to all cores. I have the cache oc to 3.9ghz
when I set the cpu to 4.5 its not stable unless I boost the volts to 1.41 or more though the heat goes up. also cache wont go beyond 3.9 though I haven't turned up the cache voltage.

the cpu runs hot 80c + max during realbench stress test though during gaming it stays around 40c +

anyone know any tricks to get it to 4.5 ? or higher cache speeds? also is there a better cooler out there or is there something wrong with mine?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Sounds about right...sounds good in fact...cache doesn't go much higher on those CPUs as far as I have seen..and for an AIO cooler temps sound normal..assuming normal ambient.

Better cooling would involve setting up your own custom loop...not everyone's cup of tea.

No great secret to this stuff these days...vcore pretty much gets you MHz on the CPU....what input voltage? What LLC? What CPU current capability?

The cpu voltae is set for offset .70 and additional turbo voltage at 1.30

Cpu input voltage set to auto

vccio cpu and pch set to auto

dram set to 1.350
speed 3200
xmp profile

My cache ratio is 4.5. PM me if you would like me to send you my OC profile so you can compare. I want to emphasize the word COMPARE.