cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX800VH release date, price and more storage capacity option?

johndoeasus
Level 7
Hey. So the GT51CA is still not released with the GTX1080 SLI in my country. I was wondering when the GX800VH will release, what it will cost in euros and if there will be an option for more storage capacity as the 512 GB SSD is a little low for my taste. Looking forward to replies.
2 REPLIES 2

MrRuckus
Level 10
johndoeasus wrote:
Hey. So the GT51CA is still not released with the GTX1080 SLI in my country. I was wondering when the GX800VH will release, what it will cost in euros and if there will be an option for more storage capacity as the 512 GB SSD is a little low for my taste. Looking forward to replies.

I really hope they release these laptops with a few different options (GX800 specifically). Some of us have no use for 64GB Ram. Its like somebody said "let's make this laptop as expensive as we possibly can". I would like 4k and a GTX 1080 for under $4k if possible. It seems the ROG name is going from Premium to ridiculous price wise. Strix is replacing the current ROG laptops with lower quality mainstream plastic, and ROG is just overboard and too extreme on price. $2500 was getting on par with Ridiculous Alienware. These $4k+ laptops are just way over the top as far as price goes. You could put together 3 or 4 desktops for the price of these. Everyone has a point, I guess mine is before $4k.

I may just have to move on to another Manufacturer if the price becomes too much. I like ROG laptops, but I'm not a blind fanboy with a limitless bank account.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

I think the production is delayed for upgrade components, I would also like know the date of marketing...