cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Z8PE-D12 Motherboard problems

Retired
Not applicable
I have been trying to find a PCI express scsi card to work with this motherboard and have yet to find one that fits. The board docs say its has PCI-E x16 slots but I have yet to find a card that actually fits in the slots provided.

Every card I have tried does not line up with the slots and breaks.

Begging for help here, people.. Sytems got no backup until I figure this one out.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
The blue and 3 white slots next to it are all standard pci-e slots (blue is x16, white x8 but physically the same). What cards have you tried?

Take a look at this picture with labels:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImage=13-131-373-S03&ISList=13-131-373-S01%2c13-1...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, I saw that pic when I was trying to figure out why the cards werent fitting. The latest card I tried is the Adaptec 29320ALP-R card.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
According to Adaptec site this card is a PCI-X one. It's also said that she will work with a PCI slot ( 2.2 compliant ) That's why the card break, you are trying to fit a PCI into a PCI-e...Buy a PCI-e ( 16X /8X/ 4X/ 1X ) card and she will fit.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

xeromist
Ah OK, that is a PCI-X card which is only found on *some* server boards and the slot you are putting it into is a PCI-E slot. The PCI-X slot is only found on the z8pe-d12x version. Your board will have two empty areas below the bottom PCI-E slot where the PCI-X slots would be on the X version of the board. If you want to stick with Adaptec then the only Ultra320 card they have which is designed for PCI-E (that I found) is the 29320LPE.
http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/scsi/u320/asc-29320lpe/
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
moving to the NON rog motherboard category