cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus maximus VIII ranger cant install windows

pwanx
Level 7
hi guys

so my problem started with the infinity loop of repair of windows 10 so i decide to do a clean install of windows 10 on my PC , but now i cant install windows because
no matter what i tried (UEFI/CSM/USB or DVD ) i get stuck on the windows logo and my pc reboot . i read comments but im really kind of lost on this one .

can someone guide me please , i tried and detached all the unnecessary parts (wifi card , extra HDD etc) and still no progress .
i updated the bios as well but no result on that i even try on different SSD thinking maybe that was the issue ....

i hope someone can guide me ....
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hi pwanx

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Remove all drives except the ssd you're installing windows on and try with the DVD. For windows 10 disable CSM and set secure boot to "Other OS", to do a UEFI install select your optical drive with UEFI in front of it as boot priority 1 then hit F10 and Enter to save and exit.

Upon rebooting it will say press any key to boot from DVD, press a key on your keyboard and windows loads the files. After that, in the options you can delete and format your ssd and continue installing windows.

Does this help you get windows installed?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi pwanx

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Remove all drives except the ssd you're installing windows on and try with the DVD. For windows 10 disable CSM and set secure boot to "Other OS", to do a UEFI install select your optical drive with UEFI in front of it as boot priority 1 then hit F10 and Enter to save and exit.

Upon rebooting it will say press any key to boot from DVD, press a key on your keyboard and windows loads the files. After that, in the options you can delete and format your ssd and continue installing windows.

Does this help you get windows installed?

hi nate and thanks for you answer .. i tried the steps that you suggested and i got the CD press key to install but again im stuck at the ROG logo ... even the DVD stopped working ...
so i really dont know what else can be ....

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Have you reset the bios to defaults before installing windows?

yes , still no progress .. this is really weird

Nate152
All right

Please list all your hardware.

When it gets stuck at the ROG logo what code is the led readout showing on the motherboard?

Nate152 wrote:
All right

Please list all your hardware.

When it gets stuck at the ROG logo what code is the led readout showing on the motherboard?

i7 6700k
gtx 1080 amp extreme
SSD sandisk 240 gb ultra II
asus maximus VII ranger
DDR 4 corsair dominator CMD16gx4m2b3000c15
cooler master V750

and the code is 04

pwanx wrote:
i7 6700k
gtx 1080 amp extreme
SSD sandisk 240 gb ultra II
asus maximus VII ranger
DDR 4 corsair dominator CMD16gx4m2b3000c15
cooler master V750

and the code is 04

There are 4 QLEDs beside the 24 pin connector. Do any of them remain lit when your system halts with the 04 QCODE?

Nate152
Thank you

Assuming you have everything connected properly and no loose connections this sounds like it could be a hardware problem. I been looking around for the 04 code and I can't find much on it. I did find an archive from the ROG forum and it was recommended to RMA the motherboard.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10480.html

But before getting hasty with an RMA....

I think I would strip it down to a bare minimum, remove the 1080 and try with the onboard graphics, with one stick of ram and the ssd you're installing windows on and see if this helps anything or gets it to move off of code 04.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Assuming you have everything connected properly and no loose connections this sounds like it could be a hardware problem. I been looking around for the 04 code and I can't find much on it. I did find an archive from the ROG forum and it was recommended to RMA the motherboard.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10480.html

But before getting hasty with an RMA....

I think I would strip it down to a bare minimum, remove the 1080 and try with the onboard graphics, with one stick of ram and the ssd you're installing windows on and see if this helps anything or gets it to move off of code 04.

i will try today again and share my result by the way i think i cant RMA because i just to live in japan when i got this and i dont have the boxes and all that stuff .. so i think im kind of screw in that for now 😞