+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting ASUS G73 Touchpad Problems

New ROGer Liandros +10

I had all of the same problems posted regarding touchpad issues. Updated all drivers and bios(as suggested at the beginning of this thread) but still had issues with my touchpad having it's own mind and not working properly half the time! Setting palmcheck to minimum in my synaptics settings temporarily fixed it but 10 minutes later it just started acting up again! It didn't matter what i did(even tried to touch just the touchpad lightly but no matter what it just seems to glitch out eventually no matter what!

New ROGer Pompatus +10

long time lurker, first time poster

Hello all,

I've experienced the same touchpad issues that everyone else in this thread has reported. I dont even remember which versions/combinations of bios, video driver, ATK driver, and touchpad drivers I have tried in order to fix this.

I might have stumbled upon the solution. After updating to the latest version of each driver approximately a week ago, my touchpad acted up again. This time, I went into the Synaptec settings and noticed that while I had disabled each "multi touch gesture" individually, the main checkbox regarding multitouch gestures was still checked (I apologize but I'm not at my laptop now so I can't post the exact wording). I unchecked the main multitouch gesture checkbox, and 4 days later i'm happy to report I have not had 1 touchpad issue since.

Either I've just been extremely lucky up to this point; or the bug lies with multitouch gestures within the Synaptec driver.

ROG Enthusiast durylmartin +10

Thanks for your post. I did that and still had problems. But of course we may not have all the same installs. I currently am back at the stock 15.0.11 version.
    I have had the best luck so far with mine by limiting features I don't use. But what seemed to make a difference was in system properties advanced-performance advanced I set the priority to background services. Sometimes responsiveness gets bad but it ususally only lasts a short time and doesn't go completely nutso. I was getting so frustrated, I'm not going to comment. I am trusting that they really are working on this issue. Just trying to make it till they have some update to make it work right. Really don't want to send it in. I got the black tie at bb so if I send it in twice they'll give me a new one if it still isn't working correctly but that takes a lot of time and people are gonna be takin it apart and messin with it. I love this laptop in almost every other way-for what it is but when that pad goes nuts all the time #&^(%*&$&^#%$##. I'm working on another theory but need to test for a few days. Will post if It works.

New ROGer Pompatus +10

As I recall, I found all of my current drivers here...

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...tion-Reference

Specifically, I'm on 213 bios, 11.01a Hotfix 01/26/11 for Mobility, ATK Package 1.0.0007, and Synaptic 15.1.22.0 driver package.

Model is G73JH; purchased at best buy in early Dec 2010. Before I unchecked Multifinger gestures, I was experimenting with Dimming the keyboard when the touchpad error occured. This seemed to help; but did not resolve the issue. Leaving the keyboard dimmed and uninstalling ATK entirely didn't work either.

Honestly, I dont understand what I did to fix it. I'm contemplating ghosting my laptop now in case I ever need to reformat.

You could look thru your restore points and see the order and installs. Believe it or not the order can be very important.

New ROGer Pompatus +10

Good call!

I first flashed bios from (I believe) 211 to 213. I then installed ATI, ATK, and Synaptec in that order. At that point, it was "pretty good" but still hiccupped until I unchecked everything under Multifinger Gestures.

I've also seen people mention vbios. I have never touched that; I'm at version 012.017.000.004.0359.a33g

So your touchpad is still good? If so we need to see if we can duplicate the results. 1 thing the 11.01a Hotfix 01/26/11 for Mobility is supposed to be for the newer vbios. However if you haven't had any video issues it might be ok. Have you checked to see if your temperatures are ok on your card? If we can establish the video is ok then we should be ok to test. I would like to get Chastity's opinion on it also if she's around.

TeamROG Notebook Member Chastity@ASUS +10 Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pompatus View Post
    Good call!

I first flashed bios from (I believe) 211 to 213. I then installed ATI, ATK, and Synaptec in that order. At that point, it was "pretty good" but still hiccupped until I unchecked everything under Multifinger Gestures.

I've also seen people mention vbios. I have never touched that; I'm at version 012.017.000.004.0359.a33g
    That's the original stock vBIOS. You can open the bottom panel and look on the GPU card. Check the last part of the part number. If it ends in C1x, where x = some number, then you need to update the vBIOS.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

New ROGer Pompatus +10

I haven't noticed any video or overheating issues to date; but I also haven't put it through a marathon gaming session yet either.

I'll look into the vBios update this evening (depending on how much alcohol I consume). I'm hesitant to update anything at this point since the touchpad finally works, but I do greatly value Chastity's opinion and have to admit she knows more about this model than I do.

New ROGer MegaSquishyMan +10

Hey I am new to the forums and joined simply to find some fixes to various problems...namely the touchpad issues. I just wanted to find out if there was a final conclusion on how to fix the issues or if asus was planning on releasing something in the future. I see that some people have had some luck with various configs. I was also wondering if the 213 bios was a better option to go with over the 211beta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast