cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need input from Spatha owners so I can make a decision. Please.

Brighttail
Level 11
So I have been dealing with this issue with the Spatha where the mouse will be perfectly stationary but the cursor will suddenly start dancing across the screen.

I have been told that it is most likely due to a bad optical sensor and if not that, it is an issue that may have to be fixed with a firmware upgrade (mine is fully updated.) I have heard a few others say that their mouse has been doing the same thing. While my mouse is still completely usable, it does cause issues when I'm trying to click on a box or something on a website and the mouse is dancing causing me to have to reposition over and over to be able to click properly. I would normally do an advanced RMA on things like this but Asus is saying they don't offer Advanced RMA's for peripherals. I'm not exactly sure why this is, after all this is their flagship mouse and there are many motherboards they sell (which advanced RMA's are allowed) that are 1/2 this mouse's price.
My fear from previous RMA's is that the mouse won't be able to be 'fixed' and there won't be any stock (which there is none currently) available to replace it, thus making me wait weeks/months to get a replacement. So I would like to know who all may be having this issue? I'm trying to determine if it is a quirk with the firmware or if it is an actual optical sensor issue. I'm going to try and setup a poll. Thanks! Oh and btw, I'm not sure what Asus is doing with these posts, but I'm not able to create new paragraphs which is highly irritating. 😞 If it doesn't work can you tell me 1. Do you have this issue, yes or no? 2. If you do have this issue is it bad enough to RMA? Thanks!
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
2 REPLIES 2

Meropolis
Level 8
have you tried lowering the polling rate?

Brighttail
Level 11
Yeah I did and too late, it is RMA'd. Thanks tho.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop