ASUS M5A99X Evo
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black
XFX Radeon HD 6850 Fansink 775MHZ 1GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 500 gb
Corsair TX750
G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB
Zalman Z9 Plus
i had to stay in my budget so i would like to overclock my gpu
i was not aware of this site till now. i have been on toms hardware hope i am at home now
i was told on that site to use ai suite ll
all i found in there was clocking for my cpu
i went into amd vision engine control centre
performance graphic overdrive
gpi clock setting to 850 mhz
memory settings to 1145 mhz
i read on some performance test done that
at 1.22v the sweet spot for this card is 940-950 mhz with memory at 1150 mhz
i would like to get my gpu to this point
can anyone help
can i do this with ai suite 11
22 REPLIES 22

Thomas
Level 10
Hi

AI Suite II does not contain graphics card overclocking software. It can overclock on-board GPU's though such as on Intel Sandy Bridge CPU's and also AMD APU's.

If you still wish to overclock your graphics card there are plenty of tools available to use, a quick Google search will provide you with the best ones 🙂
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Download Afterburner, or wait two weeks got the Asus GPU tool
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Download Afterburner, or wait two weeks got the Asus GPU tool

are you talking about gpu tweak
what about smart doctor
i have just finished building my pc
the only issue i am having is once in awhile the screen goes blank
i just reboot it is fine
it can just be sitting it has not done during a benchmark test
my pc has been on for 5 or 6 hrs it just did it any suggestions
my system is listed above

HiVizMan
Level 40
I do not like the smart doctor and really can not recommend you using it.

There are beta versions of the ASUS GPU tweak tool on this forum. I am busy working on the user manual for the GPU tool so I have had a fair bit of time playing with it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I do not like the smart doctor and really can not recommend you using it.

There are beta versions of the ASUS GPU tweak tool on this forum. I am busy working on the user manual for the GPU tool so I have had a fair bit of time playing with it.

so what is the update on the new version of asus gpu tweak tool

DaemonCantor
Level 13
HiVizMan, one small question about Asus GPU Tweek, will it be able to apply the Volt Mod for other than Asus or is it like Afterburner and you have to have an MSI Bios on the card? I have both and would prefer when I get my 2 new Cards not having to mess with VGA Bios just to get the settings I want.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can use Afterburner with any card to be honest. I have been using that application since day one with other graphic cards.

Now to directly answer your question, The voltmod as you call it is dependant on a couple of factors. First if the right component is part of the PCB and second if the graphic card bios supports modification of those components. The voltmod is nothing more than the bios being able to talk directly to the power regulatory subsystem. And the software is the interface that allows user control. So rather think of it as a voltage tool and not a actual mod at all. And no not all brands will have that option to alter the voltages via software.

Years ago we used to just flash our graphic card bios to the voltages and frequency we wished to bench with. Now it is all done on the fly so to speak.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Thank you, I've been trying to figure out what all I'm going to do....I had 2 XFX 6950's on layaway but for one reason or another the Store couldn't get a hold of them after their stock ran out and now I'm getting a pair of ATI Radeon 5870's (Yes the Actual ATI ones)....and from all I've read about them one group states I have to flash the VGA BIOS with ether the Asus or MSI BIOS and another site states that all I have to do is modify the config.ini file in Afterburner to do it... So you can see why I asked.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No problem mate - with the 5870 cards (and I have benched many many of them) not all card physically have the correct voltage regulator that allow on the fly application software to change the voltages. So keep that in mind too.