cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GL702VM Trackpad, Asus GameFirst 4 Virus!

Optical10gmaile
Level 7
Is anyone else getting intermittent right button not giving a menu popup occasionally? My laptop stand is angled quit vertically so could the contacts for the right click slip underneath?

The Virus issue was discovered after being plagued by the "PlusNetwork.com" browser hijacker in Chrome.
I used SuperAntiSpyware which found the "PUP.NetFilter/variant" in GameFirst IV folder (see image - Sorry cant embed).

Not sure if I need to return the ROG as its less than a week old back to Amazon, what do u guys think?
18 REPLIES 18

Bill
Level 7
Optical10gmailed wrote:
Is anyone else getting intermittent right button not giving a menu popup occasionally? My laptop stand is angled quit vertically so could the contacts for the right click slip underneath?

The Virus issue was discovered after being plagued by the "PlusNetwork.com" browser hijacker in Chrome.
I used SuperAntiSpyware which found the "PUP.NetFilter/variant" in GameFirst IV folder (see image - Sorry cant embed).

Not sure if I need to return the ROG as its less than a week old back to Amazon, what do u guys think?

Hello Optical10gmailed
Maybe you didn't press the right button hard enough? Does this also happen with an external mouse?
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Optical10gmailed
Maybe you didn't press the right button hard enough? Does this also happen with an external mouse?
Thank you

Hi Bill

Having done a full restore to factory settings to alleviate my virus issues I can confirm that the trackpad right button makes a clicking noise so it's not a hardware issue and I have to do a two fingered light tap to get the right menu (Intermittently) so is definitely a driver issue. It doesn't happen on a external mouse either.

Anyway I was able to have her replacement sent from Amazon expedited so examining the new trackpad it seems that the right-hand side isn't as raised as the older version but guess what I'm getting exactly the same issue so either one of the important devices like my auto cad 3-D mouse (3DConnexion space Explorer) or my older Wacom Bamboo drivers may be interfering.

I'll speak to Asus again to let them know and report back.

Thanks for your reply Bill

Same issue here, repairing the trackpad driver via apps & features works until next system reboot, then the problem returns, asus support told me they are aware of the issue and there is no current fix, seems to be a drver issue not hardware.

mconan wrote:
Same issue here, repairing the trackpad driver via apps & features works until next system reboot, then the problem returns, asus support told me they are aware of the issue and there is no current fix, seems to be a drver issue not hardware.

Thanks for confirming its not just me, my support calls seemed to be the 1st on this issue so they didn't know about it. I'll put up with it knowing its not hardware because its such a good desktop replacement.

I have the same issue. the right click only after a cold start but stops if i do a reboot. I have found no fix waiting on a replacement from Amazon

As I said previously this is my second machine but I'm now convinced this is a driver issue as my problems only occur once I have connected two older pointing devices, in my case a 3D Connexion - SpaceExplorer for autocad eta and a older Wacom Bamboo graphics pad, both of which do not have windows 10 drivers.
Initially windows 10 installs generic drivers for the USB support but speaking to the various other forum members/technical support for both products I am pointed to older Windows 8.1 drivers/software which makes them functional but not fully windows 10 compatible, hence why I think connecting the two devices in my case causes the trackpad functionality to disappear.
So if in my case your initial window setup when you receive your machine allows you to use the right click menu and this issue only appears as you add more and more USB peripherals we might be getting to the nub of the issue so that Asus can find a solution if we report back.

I have't added any usb's or anything to mine. first thing i did was made sure drivers where update.

***UPDATE***
today there was a windows update. after updating the issue wen't away so far. I'll update if it comes back.

***update***
Spook too soon. still having issues

I've only had my GL502VS for a few days and I've experienced the right mouse button not responding while on battery power.*
The button is making the clock sound but Windows doesn't respond.
Nothing was connected to the computer and double finger tap works fine.
I was/am in the latest driver available.

Driver issue?*

I just got my return label and will be sending it back. I did notice now you can pick VS or VSK... I think the K means Kaby Lake? If so I'll maybe wait for that one