cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ-Flash Error "rom file is not an EFI BIOS"

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I'm posting this because i know this is a problem with EZ-Flash that needs to be fixed, Me and many others get the following error "rom file is not an EFI BIOS" when trying to update using EZ-Flash when the same file work with out any problems when using AI Suite II ASUS UPDATE ?

We would like to know more info about this problem?
8 REPLIES 8

Shamino
try with usb stick formatted with FAT?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Ok thanks Shamino so EZ-Flash supports browsing in NTFS but not flashing ??

it says so somewhere in the manual that the usb stick must be fat 16/32, not ntfs, i read it while trying to find my error with updating bios.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Just seems to be odd you can browse though your C drive but not flash off it thats all.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The application (the flashing tool is dos) will not work without FAT32 - the wrapper that you navigate the USB stick with is able to read NTFS formatted drives.

Hope that helps.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Thanks for the info.

Level 7
LiveOrDie wrote:
I'm posting this because i know this is a problem with EZ-Flash that needs to be fixed, Me and many others get the following error "rom file is not an EFI BIOS" when trying to update using EZ-Flash when the same file work with out any problems when using AI Suite II ASUS UPDATE ?

We would like to know more info about this problem?

I was able to Buy EZ Flash IV from a US seller zercath on Ecrater.com, As of 2014 Ebay does no longer allow the sale of EZ Flash IV carts or any Flashcarts, You could check that seller out and see if he still has any for sale,I received mine from this seller in a few days for a great price, good luck http://zercath.ecrater.com

Guest wrote:
I was able to Buy EZ Flash IV from a US seller zercath on Ecrater.com, As of 2014 Ebay does no longer allow the sale of EZ Flash IV carts or any Flashcarts, You could check that seller out and see if he still has any for sale,I received mine from this seller in a few days for a great price, good luck http://zercath.ecrater.com

Hello

Why would anything need to be purchased to flash the UEFI. Follow the instructions in the motherboard's manual and there will be no issue with EZ-Flash.