cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Screensots of Stable 4.6 Overclock P9X79 Pro

johnrr6
Level 8
Realizing that all CPUs are different and that your milage may vary....

My goal was to come away with a decent, stable, everyday use, 4.6 overclock with SpeedStep, C1E and offset voltages so I could finally become "efficient" with power use on demand-----and also keep heat down.

While not totally "Green"----at least I have gotten away from constant "fixed" voltages with this new X79 system. The Asus Digi + Power system is just.....nice....

I am providing these images to help others....again----your milage may vary......

i7 3930 @ 4.6 GHz
Asus P9X79 Pro
Corsair H-100 Water Cooler
32 GB Corsair Devastator 1600 DDR
120 GB Crucial SATA III SSD in Asus SSD Cache
2TB WD Cavier Black SATA III
Sparkle Nvidia GTX-580
Samsung 22X SATA DVD Burner
Coolermaster Silent 850 Modular PSU
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced Case
10 REPLIES 10

Wolf6
Level 7
johnrr6 wrote:
Realizing that all CPUs are different and that your milage may vary....

My goal was to come away with a decent, stable, everyday use, 4.6 overclock with SpeedStep, C1E and offset voltages so I could finally become "efficient" with power use on demand-----and also keep heat down.

While not totally "Green"----at least I have gotten away from constant "fixed" voltages with this new X79 system. The Asus Digi + Power system is just.....nice....

I am providing these images to help others....again----your milage may vary......

Thanks!!! Seems to work on mine but had to mod the ratio manually to 1866MHz for mem, my X.M.P. was 2133MHz. I put all your screen shots in a PDF so folks can print them and look at them while setting bios. PDF attached. Again, thanks.

Hi I walked on to explain I noticed the heat broke the speed to 4600:mad::mad::mad:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well done to both of you. I have repped you both. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I just bought the ASUS P9X79 Pro and the Corsair H 100. I cannot figure out how to mount the H 100. I followed the instructions for the Intel CPU, but the screws on the double sided nuts are not long enough.

If possible, could you give me a step by step on how you got it mounted?

Thanks in advance.

how do you get to the advanced options? i dont have that option on mine
Watching movies on 1channel infomation

I'm working with these screen shots, thanks very much for them.

I notice there aren't any details from the Monitor tab, where all the fan stuff is, other than disabling anti-surge support...wouldn't there be some custom settings for those? Do I leave everything at the defaults in there?

I sure do appreciate any help and advice I can get, thanks friends.

Earp_Wyatt
Level 7
Many thx Johnrr6, i had a stable overclock of 4.8Ghz since 9 months but after updating P9X79Deluxe from Bios 0906 to Bios 2002 everything disappeared because of converting rom to cap. Now i'm back on 4.8Ghz with your tweaks and my temp is even better than before. Again many thx.

ravenmore
Level 7
Well done Johnrr6, it works great for me , i set my ram at 1866 mhz. My temps max at 67c on full load. Props to you Johnrr6.

ravenmore wrote:
Well done Johnrr6, it works great for me , i set my ram at 1866 mhz. My temps max at 67c on full load. Props to you Johnrr6.

What vcore are you running @?