Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Xonar Phoebus Sound Card Announced

X-ROG
Level 15
34 REPLIES 34

InnervateD
Level 10
I can't wait for it. Been wanting a nice soundcard to go with my R4E setup.
I've seen some pics of the breakout unit's cables from the soundcard to the headphone plug unit where it's braided with the sleeving, and then I've seen some other pics where it looks like a regular plastic cables with no braided sleeving.

What's the final product going to look like? Sleeving or no sleeving? The one in the pics with the sleeving looks pretty nice but those look like concept/prototypes/engineering samples.

Is this what the final product will look like?

cant wait, this will go great with the system im building

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Sounds Sweet! About time Asus updated the Xonar and with a Real BANG!....lol Creative Labs has had reign too long!

Retired
Not applicable
I thought the main thing people wanted the thunderbolt for was the Xonar + hardware NIC (killer nic) in one card, so that those with multiple graphics cards could have dual ethernet and decent xonar sound.

Well, it does look pretty sweet. Such a shame that my SB Live! 5.1 is still kicking hard after 10 years of daily extended hours use lol. But if this is as good as it looks and my card happens to go on the fritz ~hides a sledgehammer behind his back with an evil grin~ and the price point on this card is right, here in Aus, I just may purchase one. I will be keeping an eye on this card, just in case.

Oh and good work on making this an actual individual item for sale Asus and RoG Heads!!!! i'd have been seriously annoyed if this was bundled with a board I don't want or need...there really is no need for division of the brand types(AMD Vs Intel) that you guys package items with one side or the other, that's for other lamer companies to do...not ASUS/RoG 😛

Agreed, I think that would be ideal. This looks like a nice soundcard though.
dmandn wrote:
I thought the main thing people wanted the thunderbolt for was the Xonar + hardware NIC (killer nic) in one card, so that those with multiple graphics cards could have dual ethernet and decent xonar sound.
Motherboard Reviewer @ Hardware Canucks
Team OCX Bench Team

InnervateD
Level 10
My question is when can I expect this? end of Q1? Q2? Q3?

InnervateD wrote:
My question is when can I expect this? end of Q1? Q2? Q3?

Sooonishh 😉

dedaciai
Level 10
I am in the market for a new sound card and headset. Will there be a chance the Vulcan headset and this sound card be bundled together?
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit