+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ROG Xonar Phoebus Sound Card Announced

Helium Chilled MarshallR@ASUS +75 MarshallR@ASUS's Avatar

Dedaciai - No plans currently. The two will be stocked separately.
    Richard Swinburne
    ROG HQ
    Innovate. Never Imitate.

When I get reeeally sad about missing someone far away, I just take a deep cleansing breath, then switch to the rifle with a scope.

New ROGer Hans +10

Hello Guys

Only thing I want to know when it's coming out my old is down the drain and i need despertly a new one

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt InnervateD +20 InnervateD's Avatar

Here's something cosmetically I've noticed. The light up part on the side of the card that's supposed to light up red reading "Xonar Phoebus" will be blocked out if anyone has a SLi/Crossfire Bridge if the card is sandwiched in between cards >.<

I think it's already too late for any changes to something like that to be moved further back
    I would have loved to see a lite up ROG Logo before the Xonar Phoebus text.

ROG Member Azagathoth +10 Azagathoth's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to these. I want to replace my creative cards. I'm so sick of their terrible support.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt dedaciai +20

Yes, this card definitely needs to come out sooner than later . I have read some of the reviews of creative's new cards and the consensus seems like they are duds.

Helium Chilled MarshallR@ASUS +75 MarshallR@ASUS's Avatar

Sorry guys, we don't want to say when it's ready until we're absolutely sure it's ready. Hope you understand!

I think if you're absolutely desperate for a new card, don't hold out for this one now: get a Xonar of your choice. but if you're contemplating a upgrade post next gen Intel chips - keep this on your list.
    Richard Swinburne
    ROG HQ
    Innovate. Never Imitate.

When I get reeeally sad about missing someone far away, I just take a deep cleansing breath, then switch to the rifle with a scope.

I like beer!

Nope, I will be waiting for this card so it can play with my matching Asus Vulcan headset. ....

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    Sorry guys, we don't want to say when it's ready until we're absolutely sure it's ready. Hope you understand!

I think if you're absolutely desperate for a new card, don't hold out for this one now: get a Xonar of your choice. but if you're contemplating a upgrade post next gen Intel chips - keep this on your list.
    Sounds like it's coming a tad later than sooner, but I'll wait for it. Just from the article this is definately my sound card of choice.
    It's be a great fit with my Maximus IV Gene-Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaccard View Post
    Sounds like it's coming a tad later than sooner, but I'll wait for it. Just from the article this is definately my sound card of choice.
    It's be a great fit with my Maximus IV Gene-Z.
    Yep, you are right. It does sound like it will be a little later than planned. If my memory serves me right, the Vulcan was shown at last year's CES,but did not come out till August. So I am going to assume an August launch, haha.

In any case, I think Asus' timing is pretty good with this card assuming it comes out this year. Creative's X-Fi cards and a lot of other cards are getting a little long in the tooth and Creative's newest cards have received a tepid welcome at best so I would assume there is a somewhat healthy interest right now in people looking to upgrade their sounds cards -just my two cents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast