cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UX31E] Impossible to install WinFlash

Kris-I
Level 7
Hello,

When I received my Zenbook UX31 few weeks ago I updated the BIOS to the version 207, no problem. I did a clean install delete all partition and fresh install of Windows 7 x64 from my own CD (Windows 7 ultimate).

No problem, that's work fine. But when I try to install WinFlash downloaded from UX31E download page, when an error message see below.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

I would advice you not to use the WinFlash program, since it's a bigger risk for brick your BIOS that way.

BIOS update guide tutorial
Or you can follow these steps:
JRd1st wrote:

The Safer Method to Flash a System BIOS

1. Format a USB drive to FAT32 format.
2. Download the new BIOS and unzip it to the USB drive.
3. Remove USB drive after you're certain the file transfer is complete.
4. Restart your notebook and while the ASUS logo is on the screen press F2 or del a few times to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Find the Easy Flash Utility and insert the USB drive. Tell Easy flash where your BIOS file is then follow directions explicitely!!!
6. When your notebook restarts, enter the BIOS Setup utility again and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (I think it's f9 )
7. Save and Exit, then continue into Windows.

If you still want to use WinFlash then you could try CCleaner and run the Register check (remember to uncheck the google toolbar utility)

And if you want to check your notebook for latest drivers check out my thread 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Thanks fuzon1337 😉 I didn't see this upgrade option in the bios.

fuzon1337
Level 10
No problem 🙂

But you do not have to update your BIOS if you don't have any issues with your notebook, then I would recommend to let it be 🙂 Except if it got some updates that could improve your system 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205