+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE: "This program can only be executed on the Asus computer" =K53E

New ROGer xerky07 +10

Unhappy HELP PLEASE: "This program can only be executed on the Asus computer" =K53E

I have just reformatted my ASUS K53E Notebook and now i am installing its drivers back, but the problem is that some of the drivers shows error "This program can only be executed on the Asus computer".
    After i reformatted, it seems that drivers and softwares does not recognize my notebook as an ASUS COMPUTER anymore, what should i do now?

my Netbook is definitely an ASUS but why do i encounter problem like that?
    Please help me..

ROG Guru: Blue Belt fuzon1337 +10 fuzon1337's Avatar

Which programs/drivers are you getting this message from?
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 01-15-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

New ROGer xerky07 +10

Quote Originally Posted by fuzon1337 View Post
    Which programs/drivers are you getting this message from?
    These are the list of programs that shows the error:
    *Asus Live Update
    *SmartLogon Manager (face recognition software for ASUS)
    *WebCam Driver Update (installation wont start it shows error)

I downloaded all my K53E Asus drivers here (http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...K53E&p=3&s=252)
    I think it has something to do with the problem that those software does not recognize my PC as an ASUS Computer..
    Has anyone encountered same error before? how'd you fixed it? Please help me..
    I've been in front of my unit for almost 5 hours, trying to figure out what seems to be the problem.
    Hopefully i figure it out later, and if luckily i figured it out, ill share it here for the benefit of others in case anyone out there encounters the same problem.

Okey, take a look at this site about bloatware that you don't need.

Didn't you get a driver CD when you bought your notebook? Perhaps you could try to install the drivers from that
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - BIOS 205

New ROGer xerky07 +10

Okey, take a look at this site about bloatware that you don't need.

Didn't you get a driver CD when you bought your notebook? Perhaps you could try to install the drivers from that
    There was 4 CD's which came with this notebook, the cover of the CD "Your Personal Geek Squad Disc"
    Its my first time to own an ASUS Notebook, there were 4 disc(disc1-4)
    The first disc contains these files;
    -BOOT (folder)
    -EPI (folder)
    -SOURCES (folder)
    -ASUSRDVD.img = 3.7Gig
    -BOOTMGR
    etc.

Does this Disc contain those drivers i might need?

I don't think you need it, then some other members have to step in and help.

But since you got 4 CD's with your new notebook, look for the one named "Driver Utilities" or something like that

EDIT: But I don't recommend to use Asus Live Update, since it is a unstable program.

You do know what the Smart Log on utility is? If yes, you don't need that either, since it work only sometimes when it tries to recognize your face....

Since you're saying that you have done a facotry restore/clean install of your notebook, how is it with latest drivers for your hardware?
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 01-15-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - BIOS 205

New ROGer xerky07 +10

I don't think you need it, then some other members have to step in and help.

But since you got 4 CD's with your new notebook, look for the one named "Driver Utilities" or something like that

EDIT: But I don't recommend to use Asus Live Update, since it is a unstable program.

You do know what the Smart Log on utility is? If yes, you don't need that either, since it work only sometimes when it tries to recognize your face....

Since you're saying that you have done a facotry restore/clean install of your notebook, how is it with latest drivers for your hardware?
    Latest drivers works fine. Sir, do you know of any touch-pad disabler? its annoying hitting my touchpad while i play.

Anyways, live update and Smartlog works now and the error was not showing anymore, i may not have noticed exactly but after i installed ATK, my problems with error was solved, its now showing anymore..
    Thanks for your time sir..

Latest driver aka Chipset, graphic driver, WiFi card?

I don't have my notebook atm, but if I'm not wrong hit FN + F9 turn on/off touchpad
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - BIOS 205

Platinum Guru ROG chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr's Avatar

whew...glad thats over...well done all...

OP...curious....what made U reformat in the first place???

New ROGer xerky07 +10

Latest driver aka Chipset, graphic driver, WiFi card?

I don't have my notebook atm, but if I'm not wrong hit FN + F9 turn on/off touchpad
    Nice, i can see in F9 small icon for touchpad. thanks.. but its not working, maybe i need to update my driver for touchpad.
    Thanks for the info sir..

+ Reply to Thread