cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE: "This program can only be executed on the Asus computer" =K53E

xerky07
Level 7
I have just reformatted my ASUS K53E Notebook and now i am installing its drivers back, but the problem is that some of the drivers shows error "This program can only be executed on the Asus computer".
After i reformatted, it seems that drivers and softwares does not recognize my notebook as an ASUS COMPUTER anymore, what should i do now?

my Netbook is definitely an ASUS but why do i encounter problem like that?
Please help me.. 😞
16 REPLIES 16

fuzon1337
Level 10
Which programs/drivers are you getting this message from?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Which programs/drivers are you getting this message from?

These are the list of programs that shows the error:
*Asus Live Update
*SmartLogon Manager (face recognition software for ASUS)
*WebCam Driver Update (installation wont start it shows error)

I downloaded all my K53E Asus drivers here (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K53E&p=3&s=252)
I think it has something to do with the problem that those software does not recognize my PC as an ASUS Computer.. 😞
Has anyone encountered same error before? how'd you fixed it? Please help me.. 😞
I've been in front of my unit for almost 5 hours, trying to figure out what seems to be the problem.
Hopefully i figure it out later, and if luckily i figured it out, ill share it here for the benefit of others in case anyone out there encounters the same problem.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Okey, take a look at this site about bloatware that you don't need.

Didn't you get a driver CD when you bought your notebook? Perhaps you could try to install the drivers from that 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Okey, take a look at this site about bloatware that you don't need.

Didn't you get a driver CD when you bought your notebook? Perhaps you could try to install the drivers from that 🙂

There was 4 CD's which came with this notebook, the cover of the CD "Your Personal Geek Squad Disc"
Its my first time to own an ASUS Notebook, there were 4 disc(disc1-4)
The first disc contains these files;
-BOOT (folder)
-EPI (folder)
-SOURCES (folder)
-ASUSRDVD.img = 3.7Gig
-BOOTMGR
etc.

Does this Disc contain those drivers i might need?

fuzon1337
Level 10
I don't think you need it, then some other members have to step in and help.

But since you got 4 CD's with your new notebook, look for the one named "Driver Utilities" or something like that 🙂

EDIT: But I don't recommend to use Asus Live Update, since it is a unstable program.

You do know what the Smart Log on utility is? If yes, you don't need that either, since it work only sometimes when it tries to recognize your face....

Since you're saying that you have done a facotry restore/clean install of your notebook, how is it with latest drivers for your hardware?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
I don't think you need it, then some other members have to step in and help.

But since you got 4 CD's with your new notebook, look for the one named "Driver Utilities" or something like that 🙂

EDIT: But I don't recommend to use Asus Live Update, since it is a unstable program.

You do know what the Smart Log on utility is? If yes, you don't need that either, since it work only sometimes when it tries to recognize your face....

Since you're saying that you have done a facotry restore/clean install of your notebook, how is it with latest drivers for your hardware?

Latest drivers works fine. Sir, do you know of any touch-pad disabler? its annoying hitting my touchpad while i play.

Anyways, live update and Smartlog works now and the error was not showing anymore, i may not have noticed exactly but after i installed ATK, my problems with error was solved, its now showing anymore..
Thanks for your time sir.. 🙂

fuzon1337
Level 10
Latest driver aka Chipset, graphic driver, WiFi card?

I don't have my notebook atm, but if I'm not wrong hit FN + F9 turn on/off touchpad 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Latest driver aka Chipset, graphic driver, WiFi card?

I don't have my notebook atm, but if I'm not wrong hit FN + F9 turn on/off touchpad 🙂

Nice, i can see in F9 small icon for touchpad. thanks.. but its not working, maybe i need to update my driver for touchpad.
Thanks for the info sir.. 😄

i also had this problem while trying to install the windows bios flash tool and the Power4Gear application.
Installing the Asus Tool Kit worked to resolve this problem.
side note,
maybe it's just me, but I loathe touchpads. You can disable it in the bios so that it doesn't work, period.
Yes, I carry a usb mouse with me when I take it anywhere.