cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN drivers for the Crosshair V Formula

lrtrees
Level 7
I was looking for the drivers on intel's site for the onboard LAN. Would one of you please tell me if I have found the correct one's and if not, please help me with finding the correct ones.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713

Thanks,
Lon
34 REPLIES 34

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/Crosshair_V_Formula/#download

any reason you are not downloading from the product support page? They were updated 6 days ago.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nope, no reason. I missed that one.
I realize this might be a dumb question, but are the ASUS drivers generally pretty up to date?

lrtrees wrote:
I was looking for the drivers on intel's site for the onboard LAN. Would one of you please tell me if I have found the correct one's and if not, please help me with finding the correct ones.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713

Thanks,
Lon

Yes you have found the right drivers....the newest ones too. Unlike what ASUS gives us.

HiVizMan wrote:
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/Crosshair_V_Formula/#download

any reason you are not downloading from the product support page? They were updated 6 days ago.

Probably because ASUS likes to roll back our drivers instead of giving us new ones. If you noticed we went from 16.5.0.0 (August 2011) to 16.4.0.0(June 2011) which is a 2 month older driver. The driver lrtrees linked to is indeed the latest driver for our Intel 82583V Gigabit Network Connection 16.8.0.0 (December 2011)

This isn't the only driver that is out of date on ASUS Crosshair V Formula page either. There are newer Asmedia SATA and USB drivers...As well as newer realtek audio and AMD AHCI. Theres also the CPU-z ROG edition. Its at 1.59 at CPUIDs website. Still at 1.58 on ASUS Support.

For us poor thunderbolt users there are also more updated Bigfoot Networks Killer Ethernet drivers on Bigfoot Networks website.

I think its sad really...Inst this supposed to be the cream of the crop AMD ASUS Board? We need REAL driver and software support for crying out loud ASUS!!!

It took me maybe 4 hours max to hunt down all the real updated drivers and software from the manufacturers website. Doesn't somebody at ASUS get paid to update the drivers on their site for each board? If not ill be more than happy to take that position if you guys are hiring. Ill be the best damn driver and software updater your sites ever seen.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Don't feel too awful bad there, I have the Crosshair IV Formula and they haven't updated any of the stuff since 2010 except the Bios and since then they've even put new Ram updates in the Bios but never even fix or updated the QVL to show us what new ram are supported... Mason@Asus even stated that with the BIOS update of 2002 my Patriot's would be supported but no new QVL to show it...I can see a board from like 3 or 4 years ago not seeing any updates because the Warranties on these are only 3 years. The other thing to keep in mind is just about all of the other Manufacturers put out a board and then the Basic drivers and drop it or in the case of a couple like Gigabyte up until 2 years ago they didn't even have a support section to get drivers from.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK I hear what you are all saying and let me see if I can get this fixed for you guys.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

We should be using hte ASUS Intel LAN drivers, Theyve been modified for our boards.

The Intel LAN drivers are generic drivers, They do work fine but the ASUS ones are the ones we should be using.
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2
4x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
PNY GeForce GTX 680
-----------------------------------
"Human's aren't the only Species on Earth, We just act like it..."

DaemonCantor wrote:
Don't feel too awful bad there, I have the Crosshair IV Formula and they haven't updated any of the stuff since 2010 except the Bios and since then they've even put new Ram updates in the Bios but never even fix or updated the QVL to show us what new ram are supported... Mason@Asus even stated that with the BIOS update of 2002 my Patriot's would be supported but no new QVL to show it...I can see a board from like 3 or 4 years ago not seeing any updates because the Warranties on these are only 3 years. The other thing to keep in mind is just about all of the other Manufacturers put out a board and then the Basic drivers and drop it or in the case of a couple like Gigabyte up until 2 years ago they didn't even have a support section to get drivers from.

I do feel awfully bad. Like ive been anally raped. It hurts.

So might as well keep the trend going i guess by what you are saying? Is this really how you justify to yourself that its ok to not get updates on a premium "World Record" breaking board? You dont think all these companies should wake up, and start supporting the boards they promise so much out of and hype so well?

I do agree that updates from all mobo manufactures are lacking or non existent. I mean i guess i would sorta expect it if this were a $60 mobo. But its not. I spent over $300 on the board and thunderbolt combo. Not only does this have ASUS's name on it but the Republic of Gamers.

I guess I can say i expected more support out of this specific motherboard.

HiVizMan wrote:
OK I hear what you are all saying and let me see if I can get this fixed for you guys.

Thanks! Keep us updated please...

garikfox wrote:
We should be using hte ASUS Intel LAN drivers

I would love to be using the drivers from ASUS's website ....if they were new.

garikfox wrote:
Theyve been modified for our boards.

The Intel LAN drivers are generic drivers, They do work fine but the ASUS ones are the ones we should be using.

Show me proof of this.

All i can tell that ASUS has done to this "generic" Intel driver, Is package up additional software freely available on intels website into the install, as well as give drivers for OS's other than what i chose as my OS on ASUS's driver page. This essentially makes the intel driver a lot more bloated than it should be. If this is the type of "modification" you are looking for by all means feel free.

Maybe we could start at thread (and make it sticky) with links to all of the latest CH5 drivers ...just a thought.
M7H (2012) | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz @ 1.275v | cache @ 4.4ghz @ 1.275v |16gb (2x8) Xtreem @ DDR3-2666 (11-13-13-35-1T) | GTX 770 | AX860 PSU

CVF-Z (2002) | FX-8350 @ 4.6ghz @ 1.4875v | cpu/nb @ 2600 @ 1.275v | ht @ 2600 | 8gb (2x4) Redlines (996997) @ DDR3-2133 (9-11-10-28-1T) | GTX570 | 850Z PSU

garikfox wrote:
We should be using hte ASUS Intel LAN drivers, Theyve been modified for our boards.

incorrect