cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

| Battlefield 3 Performance | Nvidia V285 Framerate Test thread (ink link) Question

naikee112
Level 7
Hey people!

I have just recently picked up battlefield 3, which runs fairly well on my G74sx, but not as well as this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4568-Nvidia-V285-Beta-Driver-BF3-FPS-results&p=63773#post63...) would suggest it to run. For close to similar performance, I have to turn some settings down and OC my GPU, but can still not achieve the performance of this person.

Side notes: I have the g74sx variant with the gtx560m 3gb (192 BIt), the intel i7 2670qm Quad Core and 8 gigs of ram. I noticed that the poster of the thread has 16gbs of RAM, does that make a difference in game perf.?

All answers appreciated, as always, Naikee

EDIT: I am on BIOS version 202, if that makes any difference
5 REPLIES 5

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

How is it with the latest drivers for your notebook except for the nVidia drivers, chipset/processor, wifi?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

naikee112
Level 7
seems fine to me

fuzon1337
Level 10
Okey I think you misunderstood what I asked about 😛

Have you updated the chipset and the WiFi card lately? Or only gone for the beta driver too the graphic card?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

naikee112
Level 7
I have update the graphics card driver to the 285, because the latest beta driver, the 290.53 (i think?) actually decreases performance and the processors driver. The wifi card I have not updated, but if it will boost performance, I will give it a go.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm, that I don't know, so I'm not saying that is wrong or correct.

If you got the atheros WiFi card installed on your notebook I recommend you to update that since it can cause unstability on your notebook.
Take a look at my thread. There you can find a link to intel to upgrade your chipset.
And for the WiFi, click on "Drivers, Apps and How to's" scroll down in that thread and use the atheros driver there.

I hope this helps 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205