I bought the G53JW-A1 specifically for the 3D capabilities. It is on the Nvidia list of recommended models and the Asus site mentions 3D in several places.
I have the Nvidia 3D Vision kit. But:
1. the laptop screen won't display 120Hz
2. there is no Blu-ray player
3. my Samsung 2233RZ monitor won't go into 3D mode from HDMI
4. there is no DVI Dual Link port (which most 3D monitors need)
5. there is no Display Port for a DL adapter
I did manage to get 3DTV Play going at 720p, so it's not completely unable to do 3D. But that's a tiny fraction of what I expected it to be able to do.
I have lots of questions about this, but let's start here: can someone tell me what monitor I can use to see 3D with this laptop?