cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wake on LAN

UserX
Level 9
I seem to be having trouble getting my RIVE to WOL using a magic packet app or WHS2011 with AWIECO WakeOnLan. I have checked the properties of the NIC and found that Wake on Magic Packet is enabled by default.
Am I missing something in the BIOS that will get this running?
CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K
MEM: 96GB DDR5 6600MHz Corsair Dominator Titanium
MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX4090
STORAGE: 2X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO RAID0
OS DRIVE: 1X 2TB Samsung 990PRO
SCRATCH DRIVE: 1X 2TB Samsung 980Pro
PSU: 1500W Corsair HX1500i
COOLING: Custom Hardline 3 RAD Loop with 15 Corsair QL and 3X Corsair Commander XTs
WATERBLOCKS: GPU: Alphacool Custom Block | CPU: EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
What is your OS power plan and specific wake settings?

Do you have all the S states enabled in BIOS?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you for the reply. I needed to have wake on PCIE enabled under the BIOS APM settings to get it to work.
CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K
MEM: 96GB DDR5 6600MHz Corsair Dominator Titanium
MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX4090
STORAGE: 2X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO RAID0
OS DRIVE: 1X 2TB Samsung 990PRO
SCRATCH DRIVE: 1X 2TB Samsung 980Pro
PSU: 1500W Corsair HX1500i
COOLING: Custom Hardline 3 RAD Loop with 15 Corsair QL and 3X Corsair Commander XTs
WATERBLOCKS: GPU: Alphacool Custom Block | CPU: EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am pleased that you were able to sort your wake problem and thank you for reporting back of your solution. I am sure that by doing so you will help many people in the future who have the same issue and are searching for a fix.

Cheers
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HK-47
Level 10
Not to Necro a old thread but I found this thread and finally got Wake on Lan working, Thanks!

Using it to turn my PC on from my iPhone over the cell network and VPN in to watch TV with my cable providers iPhone app (With a few hacks of course). Works pretty good, PC can be shut down or sleeping and it turns on. Will work until I find a router with good VPN capabilities I can put behind my current router .
-Desktop-
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

HiVizMan
Level 40
No problem with the Necro - like I said a while ago folks search old threads for solution. That is why it is so important for OP to report back what worked or not.

Cheers HK