WQHD IPS panel at 120+Hz? Call off the search for the holy grail; there's no need to research unladen velocities of swallows because we've found it. The upcoming MG279Q is a gaming monitor focus on giving gamers who demand superior viewing angles and color reproduction a new choice when it comes to a low response and high refresh rate monitor.
The MG279Q is a 27-inch IPS-spec display that'll run at 120+Hz (we're still working on certifying 144Hz ready for launch) at WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution.
- 27 inch
- WQHD (2560x1440) resolution
- In-Plane Switching (IPS spec) panel
- DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, two HDMI ports and a Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) 2.0 (1080p max), plus simultaneous charging.
- 2x USB 3.0.
- Super narrow bezel design
What is the new ASUS 'MG' branding in relation to existing ASUS VG and PG monitors?
ASUS LCD branding for gaming monitors from 2015:
- PG = premium gaming (ROG)
- MG = mainstream-performance gaming
- VG = value gaming
The terms are used by ASUS to highlight the relative feature sets of each series, rather than referring to the wider LCD market, considering the fact they all pack exclusive ASUS features like GamePlus and use fast-gaming 120/144Hz panels and/or Nvidia G-Sync.