PDA

View Full Version : ROG Spatha Suddenly not working on certain surfaces

scrap264
02-14-2018, 11:47 PM
Currently I am using an ROG sheathe as a desk cover/mouse pad. I been using the Spatha with no issues for like a year now (other than issues with the terrible Armoury software) and just came home today to use PC and my cursor was barely moving, all jittery no matter how much i moved it. I cleaned the surface and cleaned the sensors with alcohol and tried again and still not working properly. Switched to wireless mode and same issue. Checked settings and fiddled with them and no changes. Updated firmware, no avail, reinstalled software, no avail and now just wondering if mouse suddenly out of nowhere went bad.

Then I tried it on a colored surface, the red underneath of the sheathe and it works perfectly. Now this surface is rubbery and not good for a mouse so i tried using it on the red ROG graphics on the sheathe and it works for the most part except when i go off of the red part or its in a black gap in the colors.

So it seems my mouse suddenly is not working on black or wood surfaces but will work on bright colored surfaces. What could be the cause of this, any advice or is this expensive mouse toast? Really been let down by asus this last year or two =(

scrap264
02-15-2018, 04:19 PM
UPDATE

Don't know if people even read this forum as i never get responses but just in case someone sees this because they have a similar problem, I noticed that if I pull up on the mouse just slightly the cursor works as usual. This is a very strange problem that I am not sure how to remedy. For some reason the laser is not getting enough space to do its thing.

Im guessing the contact points in each edge of the mouse are wearing down and its now not providing enough clearance. Trying to think of a good way to give it more clearance without effecting the slide of the mouse, may not be possible. Anyways just wanted to update for future sake.

Plaid_Piper
07-04-2018, 02:38 AM
UPDATE

Don't know if people even read this forum as i never get responses but just in case someone sees this because they have a similar problem, I noticed that if I pull up on the mouse just slightly the cursor works as usual. This is a very strange problem that I am not sure how to remedy. For some reason the laser is not getting enough space to do its thing.

Im guessing the contact points in each edge of the mouse are wearing down and its now not providing enough clearance. Trying to think of a good way to give it more clearance without effecting the slide of the mouse, may not be possible. Anyways just wanted to update for future sake.

Hey there. I had the exact same problem as you today. Tried everything to fix. I finally figured out it was a profile thing.

In the ROG Armoury software there is the default profile for the spatha and then several others. The others have all the lowest settings by default, and are essentially blank. The polling speed for the mouse is set to ridiculously low on these blank profiles. Unfortunately even if the profiles are blank, using the key combo (DPI + some button) will activate the profile.

So what happened is you have a blank profile loaded. What fixed it for me is to plug in some other mouse, open the rog armoury software, and choose the default profile. Good as new.

Thanks,
Plaid Piper

MasterC@ROG
07-09-2018, 07:28 AM
As Plaid_Piper mentioned, it may be the sensitivity (DPI) setting. One of the previous Armoury updates resulted in corrupt profiles for some people. Having both the mouse and dock connected simultaneously may cause an issue also, best to avoid it even if everything appears to be fine initially.