PDA

View Full Version : Need help | Rog Centurion sounds bad after 10 minutes of use

SasakiHaise
02-18-2018, 01:13 AM
I have recently bought a Rog Centurion and after using it for 10 minutes it would always sound like a over amplified speaker and i would need to re plug it every time which is really annoying. i have been trying different solutions and it just wouldn't work so i would like someone to help me with this.

MasterC@ROG
02-21-2018, 05:18 AM
Do you have both USB connectors plugged in?

SasakiHaise
02-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Do you have both USB connectors plugged in?

Yes i have both USB connectors plugged in.

MasterC@ROG
02-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Are you using a USB hub? If so, can you try connecting both connectors directly to the PC or laptop and try again?

SasakiHaise
02-23-2018, 12:53 PM
Are you using a USB hub? If so, can you try connecting both connectors directly to the PC or laptop and try again?
I have it directly plugged in to the desktop since i got it.

SasakiHaise
02-25-2018, 06:31 AM
I have been unplugging the wires from the hub so much its starting to become loose :(

MasterC@ROG
02-26-2018, 03:08 AM
I have been unplugging the wires from the hub so much its starting to become loose :(

Sorry, can you clarify what you mean here? How is the hub a factor?

Is the connector for the Centurion loose? Do you get the same results on another PC or laptop?

SasakiHaise
02-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Sorry, can you clarify what you mean here? How is the hub a factor?

Is the connector for the Centurion loose? Do you get the same results on another PC or laptop?
No, its just that i have been disconnecting the usb audio station so many times that is started to become loose.

MasterC@ROG
02-27-2018, 02:07 AM
Sound like it might be a bad connection. If that is the case, you could try an adapter or powered hub which has a tight fit.

Have you tried another PC/laptop? Do any other devices or peripherals have connection issues when using that/those ports?

SasakiHaise
03-02-2018, 07:51 AM
Sound like it might be a bad connection. If that is the case, you could try an adapter or powered hub which has a tight fit.

Have you tried another PC/laptop? Do any other devices or peripherals have connection issues when using that/those ports?

I have not tried plugging in it on other PC's but i have tried other ports on my pc.

MasterC@ROG
03-02-2018, 08:11 AM
I have not tried plugging in it on other PC's but i have tried other ports on my pc.

Best to test out the Centurion quickly on another PC and try different USB ports, to see if the PC or connectors are possible causes.

jandyr
03-29-2018, 04:14 AM
i have the same problem
and i tried with 2 pc (asus and msi) and 2 notebooks (asus and alienware) and dont work
i cant update the firmware

MasterC@ROG
05-22-2018, 04:17 AM
i have the same problem
and i tried with 2 pc (asus and msi) and 2 notebooks (asus and alienware) and dont work
i cant update the firmware

Is your Centurion cutting out after a while or not working at all? Is the lighting on?
Firmware update unable to complete properly? Beta?