PDA

View Full Version : When on battery cannot turn on the laptop

yemenle
02-26-2018, 10:59 PM
Hi ,
I have a strange problem in the last month.
When I am trying to turn on the laptop when there is no AC Power plugged in , I cannot power it on.
When I am connected to AC Power adapter , I can turn on the computer and then disconnect it and the computer is working perfectly.
I am using MS Win 10 , The icon on the Win shows "No Battery Is detected".
Unplugged AC shows: "Unknown Remaining"
But when clicking on the icon when i unplug , I can see 100% Battery.

Any Ideas?

xeromist
02-27-2018, 07:52 PM
It could be the battery is incorrectly reporting its status which would indicate a flaw in the battery.

I've heard people say they were able to reset the system by holding down the power button. So I'd try turning it off and unplugging the power, then hold the power button down for a minute or so (this could be way longer than necessary but I don't remember how long people said they did it).

yemenle
02-27-2018, 08:29 PM
It could be the battery is incorrectly reporting its status which would indicate a flaw in the battery.

I've heard people say they were able to reset the system by holding down the power button. So I'd try turning it off and unplugging the power, then hold the power button down for a minute or so (this could be way longer than necessary but I don't remember how long people said they did it).

didn't work.
Tnx for the replay though .

JustinThyme
02-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but sounds like you have an open cell. Time for new battery pack.*

bender02
03-02-2018, 06:23 AM
I've seen this issue before, in his case the new battery fixed the problem.