PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-Unknown Network controller after installing Intel-6235 card-No wi-fi! - solved?

surya schwarzennegger
03-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Hello Guys, after reading some threads here i decided to upgrade my wifi card to Intel -6235 , uninstalled the Atheros driver then removed the card,then placed the Intel -6235 card, when i checked the device manager ,under network controller it doesn't says manufacture name!

After reading a thread here i downloaded Atheros net work controller driver to give a try,but when i tried to installed this it says error, so now i couldn't connect to wifi, what went wrong?:eek:7199971999

Clintlgm
03-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Did you install the Intel software and driver?? sounds like your trying to run an Intel card on an Atheros driver that is not going to work

surya schwarzennegger
03-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Did you install the Intel software and driver?? sounds like your trying to run an Intel card on an Atheros driver that is not going to work

Yes i installed intel driver ,before that i uninstalled Atheros driver!-Thank you.

Clintlgm
03-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Yes i installed intel driver ,before that i uninstalled Atheros driver!-Thank you.
you could try installing the latest chipset info files. I would have thought that installing the drivers/software would do it. have you tried opening device manager right clicking whatever wifi card is showing and update clicking I have a disk then pointing to where you have the Intel drivers installed?

surya schwarzennegger
03-01-2018, 11:40 PM
you could try installing the latest chipset info files. I would have thought that installing the drivers/software would do it. have you tried opening device manager right clicking whatever wifi card is showing and update clicking I have a disk then pointing to where you have the Intel drivers installed?

Thank you so much! it worked, just tried uninstalled the driver, then again installed as you said,re booted! its working now!!!

Thank you so much, have a good weekend.:):):):):)