PDA

View Full Version : 6230N Centrino WI-FI Card help!

Barkmarkin
01-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Help me please, I cant turn bluetooth adapter off., Wireless console won't work, What do I do?? I downloaded lastest drivers for everything Including the new 6230 I installed its alot better than ****ty atheros

BrodyBoy
01-25-2012, 05:27 AM
Do you have a BT icon in the notification tray? If so, you can disable it there.

Otherwise, try (slowly) toggling the wireless options using Fn2.

Barkmarkin
01-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Just did that again, No bueno, it won't change a thing, It only turns w-lan off and on when I press fn and f2, but I see bluetooth icon yet I cant turn off the adapter in task bar

BrodyBoy
01-25-2012, 05:34 AM
Do you need an easy way to turn it on & off, or do you just want it off?

380mcn
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
you changed the WLAN card, and you are complaining that the software provided by asus doesn't cycle between wifi/bt on/off..
i am the 1st to bash on asus but in this case why the hell are you trying to use a software written for the atheros card IF you changed the card for an intel one?
the software provided in the intel card MUST handle that. probably intel decided to power on wifi AND bt at the same time, and power them OFF AT THE SAME TIME.

your complain was only valid IF you were using the atheros card.
you can ask to jrd1st about that situation because he also changed the card for an intel one.
i think you're only option is to DISABLE the BT when you're not using. it's not an asus fault, it's an intel one.

p.s. i once had a laptop (compal cl56) that only power on the WLAN, if i installed the multimedia keys driver! yep!,

fuzon1337
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi

The Console 3 that is used to switch between on and off with WiFi and Bluetooth does not support or works properly with the Intel Card.
Uninstall the Console 3 and let Windows use it's utility.

Btw, which drivers did you install for you're card?
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers for Windows 7 64-Bit (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20433&ProdId=3315&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0ASoftware%20Applications%0A)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7 64-Bit (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20129&ProdId=3315&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0ASoftware%20Applications%0A) ?

EDIT: Perhaps this thread Intel 6230 and Wireless Console 3 (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4944-Intel-6230-and-Wireless-Console-3) form JRd1st can help you out.

BrodyBoy
01-25-2012, 06:29 PM
@380mcn:

Your comments were very unfair. There is no complaint in Barkmarkin's post. He's simply setting up his new WLAN card and asking questions about how to use its functions.

He should be able to do that in an owners' forum without getting berated for it.

380mcn
01-26-2012, 10:09 AM
@380mcn:

Your comments were very unfair. There is no complaint in Barkmarkin's post. He's simply setting up his new WLAN card and asking questions about how to use its functions.

He should be able to do that in an owners' forum without getting berated for it.

Hello.
I think you are right. My apologies.