PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a IR Remote ?

Cid6.7
03-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Heya all I mainly use our G752VL hooked to our tv, is there any option to connect the tv remote (with keyboard) to the laptop ? Reason I ask is we don't have a wireless keyboard and was just going to go buy one, went to shut the tv off and was like hey wait the remote has a keyboard lol.
Is there a app or something I could use ? as all I can find in settings is IR file transfer..

Thanks Guys

Gps3dx
03-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Heya all I mainly use our G752VL hooked to our tv, is there any option to connect the tv remote (with keyboard) to the laptop ? Reason I ask is we don't have a wireless keyboard and was just going to go buy one, went to shut the tv off and was like hey wait the remote has a keyboard lol.
Is there a app or something I could use ? as all I can find in settings is IR file transfer..

Thanks Guys
NOT a ROG specific issue or topic - for that GOOGLE exist.

Darnassus
03-05-2018, 03:09 AM
Laptop has no IR receiver. You'd need to attach one and have a program that can decipher the flash codes that come from the remote itself. Best you just grab a wireless keyboard.

Korth
03-05-2018, 03:35 AM
Replace the remote with one of these (https://flipboard.com/@mariahlolas/top-10-best-wireless-keyboard-for-xbmc-android-tv-box-2016-2017-ebik9fopy) clever little wireless "Android TV box" keyboards.

But if you're looking for a way to aim your TV remote at your laptop then you're basically out of luck unless the TV manufacturer sells/suggests a compatible part or you can find an old-school IRED/CIR transceiver panel with some kind of programmable or "universal" remote capability and a compatible computer interface (USB, Win10 driver, etc).