PDA

View Full Version : G73JW BSOD Every Couple Of Hours

ryanbeckey0
01-25-2012, 10:27 PM
hi im getting a BSOD every couple of hours while im using the computer. when i leave the computer on while downloading and i dont use it the BSOD happens After About 20-30mins.
i updated all the drivers, BIOS etc. still the problem persists
i've Ran ChkDsk, SFC/SCANNOW, And i have formated the Drive back to Factory Settings, all came back clean and the problem is still here :(

i should also mention i've tried ThrottleStop as someone else posted that this fixed there problem but it didnt work for me so i guess its a diferent problem lol Thanks For Any Help.
Heres My Code From Event Logs -

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-01-25T22:08:06.952018400Z

EventRecordID 7447

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Ryan-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 244
BugcheckParameter1 0x3
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffffa8012a7eb30
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffffa8012a7ee10
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff800033d8300
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

dstrakele
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
The Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power EventID 41 just reports the system shut down unexpectedly. I recommend 1) finding the BugCheck source event in the System Event Log and reporting the Bugcheck Code and 4 parameters or 2) downloading and running the Nirsoft BlueScreenView utility to capture that and other information from the memory dump on your laptop.

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Access software have you installed to this laptop?

What other programs have you installed?

Did you get a BSOD 20-30 minutes after your first startup from a new OS installation before you installed any other software?

ryanbeckey0
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
- EventData

BugcheckCode 244
BugcheckParameter1 0x3
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffffa8012a7eb30
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffffa8012a7ee10
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff800033d8300
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

are these the things you want?
sorry im a noobie at this type of stuff

dstrakele
01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
I'd rather have the BugCheckCode and Parameter information from the BugCheck source event rather than from the Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power source event. Bucheck Code 0x244 is DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION. This occurs only when Driver Verifier is activated. I doubt you have done that. Am I correct?

ryanbeckey0
01-25-2012, 10:48 PM
No I havent done that?

what is that and how do i do it?
i aprreciate your help

dstrakele
01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
You don't want to do that at this point. I recommend downloading and running BlueScreenView v. 1.45 from Nirsoft: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

ryanbeckey0
01-25-2012, 11:00 PM
how do i show it to you?

dstrakele
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Post a screen shot or multiple screen shot .JPG images as attachments (click on "Go Advanced" next to "Post Quick Reply" to get into the Advanced Editor and then click on the "Attachments" icon).

You can make a screen shot by selecting the BlueScreenView window, then choose "Alt-Prt Sc", paste into the Windows Paint applet, and save it as a .JPG file.

Alternatively, you could post the "Bug Check String", "Bug Check Code", and Parameters 1-4 as displayed for each BSOD. The information "The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Xxxxxxx" would also be useful.

ryanbeckey0
01-25-2012, 11:17 PM
thanks for your help not many people will sit down and help a noobie
btw these BSOD seems to be getting more Recurant its happening every 20-30 mins now while im using it

ryanbeckey0
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
The Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power EventID 41 just reports the system shut down unexpectedly. I recommend 1) finding the BugCheck source event in the System Event Log and reporting the Bugcheck Code and 4 parameters or 2) downloading and running the Nirsoft BlueScreenView utility to capture that and other information from the memory dump on your laptop.

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Access software have you installed to this laptop?

What other programs have you installed?

Did you get a BSOD 20-30 minutes after your first startup from a new OS installation before you installed any other software?

i have AVG 2012 Free, And Windows Firewall

and i installed Steam. thats all other than the Factory Programs
no i didnt get one when i Formated it only started happening after the Updates for everything now that i think on it.
i think i should mention i cant install windows SP1 for win 64bit either if that has anything to do with it ?

dstrakele
01-26-2012, 12:13 AM
What file does the BSOD reference as the possible cause?

Looks like you're getting :

STOP 0xF4 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh406232(v=vs.85).aspx) CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. This indicates a process or thread necessary for Windows operation has terminated. In your case, Parameter1 is 3, indicating a critical process is terminating, rather than a thread.

STOP 0x7A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This type of bugcheck can result from bad memory, bad blocks on the HDD, loose HDD cable, insufficient nonpaged pool memory, or a virus.

You said you've run CHKDSK. Did you run CHKDSK C: /F /R to check for bad blocks?

Since bad memory can be a cause, I'd recommend running memtest86, possibly even on one stick at a time.

Since a loose cable connection can result in a STOP 0x7A, you might also wish to reseat your HDD when you are removing all but one memory stick for testing.

A virus is another possibility. Scanning with MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus is recommended.

If you are uncomfortable doing this diagnostic work, I recommend sending a PM to Chastity@ASUS to open a case, refernce this thread, and RMA your laptop for warranty repair.

ryanbeckey0
01-26-2012, 12:28 AM
ntoskrnl.exe -- is the problem i think

and ye sending it off seems like a good idea if i knew how to lol i live in the uk so will i have to pay anything ? if you know

and thanks for you help i appreciate it

dstrakele
01-26-2012, 12:32 AM
ntoskrnl.exe is the MAIN Windows 7 process. It is definitely the victim and not the cause.

I don't know much about the details of RMA, particularly from the UK. The best I can do is ask for others to weigh in and point you to http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?7004-ASUS-ROG-Support-Guide-and-RMA-Procedure-READ-THIS-FIRST

ryanbeckey0
01-26-2012, 12:36 AM
ntoskrnl.exe is the MAIN Windows 7 process. It is definitely the victim and not the cause.

I don't know much about the details of RMA, particularly from the UK. The best I can do is ask for others to weigh in and point you to http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?7004-ASUS-ROG-Support-Guide-and-RMA-Procedure-READ-THIS-FIRST

kk thanks

so how do i find out the possible cause from BluescreenVIew?
it says caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe ?

dstrakele
01-26-2012, 12:46 AM
i have AVG 2012 Free, And Windows Firewall

and i installed Steam. thats all other than the Factory Programs
no i didnt get one when i Formated it only started happening after the Updates for everything now that i think on it.
i think i should mention i cant install windows SP1 for win 64bit either if that has anything to do with it ?

I just saw this. The fact that you cannot install Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 indicates a problem with your Windows installation. This is the type of info you post in the OP.

I now recommend you download the Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 .ISO file (from the link in the OP of http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s), burn it to a DVD, then re-install Windows and install the drivers you need based on the hardware in your system.

Alternatively, you could do a ASUS Factory Restore by pressing F9 on startup. This would install the OS as it came from the factory with all the outdated drivers and ASUS Bloatware. While installing a clean Windows 7 instance and then installing the proper drivers is more work, I think you'll be happier with the outcome.

I'm going to let you search the forum for this information. Pay particular attention to the detailed posts of BrodyBoy for this type of information.