PDA

View Full Version : G752 Screen Bezel..separating near the hinge

Darnassus
03-19-2018, 01:52 PM
.... is the Bezel SERIOUSLY stuck on with cheap.. GLUE..?

.. are you KIDDING me? It's separating near the hinge as of a month ago, but getting worse, due to opening and closing 2-3 times a DAY.

Why is the G752 such a flop..

Darnassus
04-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Left hinge is now also loose. The entire screen shifts back and forth, the right hinge is sturdy.

Anyone know how to remove the bezel to fix it? Looks like it's glued on, but I don't want to pry it and break something on accident.

Awergamer
04-06-2018, 04:58 PM
I was gonna mention same thing, ı got the same thing. I mean ıt looks like it is missed off glued.And strangely only that part is heating on the laptop right on biggy asus label script.And its like there is something always wrong when clicking "backspace" button.I take it off and mend it but it is again clicking like something cracks under it.Sorry asus you failed to impress me...

Darnassus
04-21-2018, 07:45 PM
I was gonna mention same thing, ı got the same thing. I mean ıt looks like it is missed off glued.And strangely only that part is heating on the laptop right on biggy asus label script.And its like there is something always wrong when clicking "backspace" button.I take it off and mend it but it is again clicking like something cracks under it.Sorry asus you failed to impress me...

The keyboard is garbage, nearly every key grinds or clicks, place your finger on any key and rub it up and down, you'll hear it. They should've kept with the G750 quality, or got Steel series or something..

But yeah, the screen bezel's separating, and the IPS glow seems to be getting worse.. here I thought the brushed aluminium would give it more sturdy and rigid shape.

The heat you feel is where the screen ribbon meets the panel. There's most likely lots of circuitry there.

Still, anyone know how to remove bezel for repair?

haihane
04-21-2018, 08:09 PM
Can I have a look how it separated ?

P.s.: have you checked ifixit site on your laptop model's teardowns ?

Darnassus
04-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Difficult to shoot I'll try later..

Darnassus
04-29-2018, 12:04 PM

Spirery1
04-29-2018, 12:49 PM
Ouch that’s bad RMA good luck with that lol nightmare is all I can say*

haihane
04-29-2018, 02:30 PM
ouch.

if it's still covered by warranty, i agree with spireryl1, send it to RMA.

if it's not... do you know how to use a glue gun?

Spirery1
04-29-2018, 03:15 PM
I wouldnt just RMA it see if u have any warranty left.

Darnassus
04-29-2018, 07:20 PM
I certainly have warranty. Got 2 years extra. I'll probably send it back near the end..

haihane
04-29-2018, 07:23 PM
i'm not as trustful towards companies (in general), but best send it as soon as you can (not near the end of warranty).

who knows what trickery/ stalling tactic they might pull to try to void your warranty. at least if you send it early, you limit their options of doing such.
Goodluck.

Korth
04-29-2018, 07:31 PM
Apple got in trouble for building some of their Macbooks the same way. Chassis plastics and bezels fastened with glue ... which would separate (after being heated) near the exhaust fans. They woulda gotten away with it too, except that "unibody construction" was a primary part of their (false) advertising.

I'm guessing this G752 plastic adhesive is specifically coming apart near exhaust fans? lol, if so, you might be able to soften it again (by running the machine hot) then pressing/clamping the pieces together while they cool off and harden again ... though, honestly, I think it's a both a defect (suitable for RMA) and a design flaw (which will need to be corrected to prevent it from recurring).

Darnassus
04-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Apple got in trouble for building some of their Macbooks the same way. Chassis plastics and bezels fastened with glue ... which would separate (after being heated) near the exhaust fans. They woulda gotten away with it too, except that "unibody construction" was a primary part of their (false) advertising.

I'm guessing this G752 plastic adhesive is specifically coming apart near exhaust fans? lol, if so, you might be able to soften it again (by running the machine hot) then pressing/clamping the pieces together while they cool off and harden again ... though, honestly, I think it's a both a defect (suitable for RMA) and a design flaw (which will need to be corrected to prevent it from recurring).

It's different than it looks, really. The picture is as I open the lid.

It separates and makes a loud 'GUCK' sound every time the lid's opened. But once opened, you can easily pull the screen back towards you a little and it'll close up and look normal.

It's only visible when opening, since that's the way the bezel seems to twist against the hinge as it's being lifted.. :f

But yeah, the light bleed / glow looks worse each time. If I can take the bezel off myself then I'd be able to fix all the bleed up and then it'd be perfect for me.