PDA

View Full Version : G73Jw-A1 inconsistent cpuload, forcing c0? freezeproblem

azuresystem
01-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Hello i own a G73Jw-a1 with the core i5 480m and as of lately ive actually started using this fella, problem is that its ubersubpar in gaming, general handling and whatnot at the moment

Symptoms are the following complete freezes once in a while whenever it feels like doesnt seem like theres anything incommon other than that cpu utilization drops from wherever it is to 0% then unfreezes, it obviously freezes anything youre up to at the time whether its gaming surfing listening to audio or w/e

usually at my stationary rig my games seems to get exclusive rights to a 100% utilization from a core whenever im gaming or doing fullscreen stuff but this fella isnt at all its actually hovering quite badly between 65-15% and then all of a sudden strikes a 0% everything locks up and a few seconds later youre back on track, kinda wondering what induces this behavior, if its a cpu error or feature thats beyond consumer control i.e "disable c-state, c1e etc" thats usually done via bios

for the record aswell ive tried just about every possible scenario, driver and disabling hardware to no avail, the harddrive tho seemed like the culprit previously but regardless of that it still freezes, or if its combined with the hdd i do not now, latest bios is being used atm as well as the latest FW for the harddrive "SD28"

hardwarespecs details are as following

cpu : core i5 480m 2.67ghz 2cores with HT
ram : 4gb elpida 1066 mhz 7-7-7-20-t1
hdd : Seagate momentus XT 500gb, make S95005620AS
wifi : atheros AW8B95

win : 7home premium x64 stock

drivers are taken from the threads of this forum has yet to make a difference, theyre all fine in short
and throttlestop has been tried out aswell as coreparking keys, none which really fixes the low utilization of the cpu itself
or the sudden drops,

p.s noticed that when monitoring in throttlestop when youre running a game for instance the amount % of c0 increased dramatically when the freeze comes, have yet to find a way to circumvent this so thus im turning here for a tad of help!

//cheerz azure

dstrakele
01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Are you running a clean Windows 7 installation or the ASUS Factory Windows 7 installaiton?

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Access software have you installed to your system?

Do you use ThrottleStop to disable C States as well as to reduce CPU Throttling?

azuresystem
01-26-2012, 05:14 PM
clean install, multiple clean installs with various drivers each time, no AV of the sort yet and maleware should only be windows defender afaik, and ive tried both actually, seems like i cant get throttlestop to fully disable c-states otherwise it shouldnt say im getting a massive 35% c0% at each freeze

if i was unclear in my previous post i might add that im not experiencing any mhz drops of the sort as in throttling but rather cpu utilization drops to 0% on all 4 cores then resumes, this seems to be regardless of load 50 or 100% as i was previously suspecting, prime95 proves loading 100% on all cores but nevertheless stalls everyonce in a while regardless ;(

p.s no remote or anything of the sort either ;( just plain ol' win7 freshly baked with a testsuite to accompany it to prove myself successful or defeated ;(

dstrakele
01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
I recommend posting screen shots of your ThrottleStop configuration. Then those who've resolved issues similar to yours with it can provide comments.

Have you seen this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?8943-G73-Freezing-Crashing-Issue-WORKAROUND-FOUND?

azuresystem
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
resolved the problem by reverting the momentus xt firmware to SD26 since the ssd portion of the drive was getting degraded in some way, problems stopped completely after that!

p.s my i5 is an arrandale, so throttlestop wont actually do anything since it doesnt have any issues with c-states note the part number and higher clocks! :P

anyone with the same issues with the momentus xt drives can try the same procedure for confirmation

//cheerz and thx a bunch for the caring! :D

chrsplmr
03-07-2012, 10:25 PM
awesome ... love the smell of ROG sweat.c.