PDA

View Full Version : Thermal issues with G laptops in general

Sil3nc328
03-21-2018, 05:19 AM
Soo i have done a repaste, thorough cleaning of the fans. But my g550jk seems to hit high CPU temps avg.80 to 90degree celcius. Just wanted to check with other G series owners on thermal issues with asus laptops in general.

Sil3nc328
03-21-2018, 05:20 AM
Chromes one of the main culprit , but i feel thermal management in asus is overhyped D: aside its a well build lappy in general.

Korth
03-21-2018, 06:03 AM
I suspect you just need to repaste again, maybe your first application didn't take well, it happens. Or maybe hasn't had enough time to cure.

Chrome? Do you mean Chrome browser? Something is definitely wrong if your CPU hits 90C running a browser. Is there any chance you've been hit with a coinhive or other malware?

Clintlgm
03-21-2018, 06:18 PM
I agree with Korth,
Besides that it seems the 15" notebooks do seem to run a little warmer than the 17" models, The case is smaller and Less cooling than the 17" models using the same CPU and GPU not exactly sure about the 550 but earlier 15" models only had a single fan rather than a fan for each CPU and GPU. You're cramming a lot of power into a much smaller space.

xeromist
03-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Yup, sounds like coinhive. Install uBlock Origin and see if the issue goes away.

Darnassus
03-27-2018, 05:09 PM
Check what's taking up most of the load in Task Manager.

Otherwise make sure your fans are spinning, maybe you forgot to plug one in while reassembling? :f

Spirery1
03-29-2018, 07:38 AM
My g752vy is going back for the second time 100c on extreme with 304 bios wish i could enjoy my laptop not checking it every min to see if its overheating when gaming.

Clintlgm
03-29-2018, 03:05 PM
My g752vy is going back for the second time 100c on extreme with 304 bios wish i could enjoy my laptop not checking it every min to see if its overheating when gaming.

If you're in the states I would pm cl-albert he is a Asus employee and can sometimes be helpful getting your notebook through repairs successfully

Spirery1
03-29-2018, 03:45 PM
UK but thanks sending it back tuesday i can still game but have to fn/pgup for fans full without want too enjoy my laptop without checking temps all the time only 7 month old

Clintlgm
03-29-2018, 04:20 PM
UK but thanks sending it back tuesday i can still game but have to fn/pgup for fans full without want too enjoy my laptop without checking temps all the time only 7 month old

Ensure you explain to them exactly how to replicate your issue and how you are verifying your temps. Pictures videos etc. Back up your hard drive/SSD before sending it their favorite thing is to restore back to factory condition then test for your issue. If they can't duplicate your issue on the original set up they will consider it a software issue. Prepare, Prepare if you don't have a cl- customer loyalty-REP. I would still check with cl-albert he can get you in touch with the cl- for your area.

Spirery1
03-29-2018, 08:03 PM
I backed up my laptop and desktop to the cloud 2 weeks ago if they have 2 no problem and i will pm albert and ask only thing wrong with my laptop is playing games on ultra the temp goes crazy without me stick the fans on 100% just a pain other from that i love it playing everything on ultra with np apart from the heat my 1070 never gets as hot as my laptop just hope they fix it this time .Just a shame they dont have a fan control button in game center like other models .

Clintlgm
03-29-2018, 09:17 PM
I backed up my laptop and desktop to the cloud 2 weeks ago if they have 2 no problem and i will pm albert and ask only thing wrong with my laptop is playing games on ultra the temp goes crazy without me stick the fans on 100% just a pain other from that i love it playing everything on ultra with np apart from the heat my 1070 never gets as hot as my laptop just hope they fix it this time .Just a shame they dont have a fan control button in game center like other models .

Cloud back up, sounds like that would take a very long time to restore a disk/SSD Image that way, I guess anything is possible now days

Spirery1
03-30-2018, 01:20 PM
Everything is on steam or uplay music 2 linked to my desktop so much easier now then when i first got a pc got a message from albert give good advice and what i need to do many thanks