PDA

View Full Version : Does ASUS G752VT have the same power issues as ASUS G750JZ

ajaXXX
03-23-2018, 10:57 AM
My ASUS G750JZ I dead and probably beyond any reasonable repair.

Of course the power/charging module had failed. When it happened for a first time I had my motherboard replaced. Now laptop is after warranty and cost of replacing motherboard is horribly high (especially when you know it will fail after about 12 months).

I really wanted to buy something else but "unfortunately" ROG series apart that problem is a great laptop. So I am wondering about buying ASUS G752VT .

So do anyone of you know if ASUS G752VT suffers from the same problems because of poor quality power/charging module

Darnassus
03-24-2018, 12:47 AM
I had a G750JX for 4 years, no issue. Had the G752VS for 6 months roughly, no issue.. at least with power.

Clintlgm
03-24-2018, 02:21 PM
My ASUS G750JZ I dead and probably beyond any reasonable repair.

Of course the power/charging module had failed. When it happened for a first time I had my motherboard replaced. Now laptop is after warranty and cost of replacing motherboard is horribly high (especially when you know it will fail after about 12 months).

I really wanted to buy something else but "unfortunately" ROG series apart that problem is a great laptop. So I am wondering about buying ASUS G752VT .

So do anyone of you know if ASUS G752VT suffers from the same problems because of poor quality power/charging module

If you're looking at the VT model you might want to take a closer look at the G752VY model more powerful and very few issues that aren't self-inflicted things to look out for some VY came with 512GB SSD most were actually 2x256GB SSD in RAID mode your better off with 1 256GB and just buying a 512 GB later on. 32GB RAM is way more than is needed for any use other than running multiple VM The Model I got is the G752VY DH 72 with the latest BIOS/UEFI I have had Zero issues that weren't self-inflicted or Windows 10 related. these models VM VT VY are all 2 years + old now so keep that in mind.

navis995
04-30-2018, 11:31 AM
Power issue that requires whole MB change?
YOu my friend got ripped off big time.

I myself was the victim of dead jack port for the G750JZ but I bought the new jack only and replaced it and now it works fine.

I can't see the reason to replace the whole board for a single power jack.

p.s. the reason for high cost is the cpu which is soldered on the motherboard.