PDA

View Full Version : Asus g752vt strange freeze

BurnStrike
03-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Hello guys! My problem can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRf_j5IC6b0&feature=youtu.be at 0.49 can be seen that i kinda freeze and fps are dropping from 75 to 41 and then fast back to normal.From what can it be guys?I even updated my drivers with Driver Booster,Temperatures are ok,55 grades I'll be glad if someone can help me.This kinda of freeze is happening in the most of the games.

Clintlgm
03-31-2018, 03:44 AM
Well, downloading driver with driver booster could be an issue. Asus Support Downloads (https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/) would be where to get Asus tested and approved drivers. NVidia would be the correct place to get their drivers. Using 3rd party driver installers are very good way to screw up your notebook.
With Nvidia drivers, if you having issues with the latest version drop back one version or two and see if it clears things up.
you appear to be having some sort of driver issue or something is using up your GPU Cycles
I would go to Nvidia website (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx) and download either a newer or one version older an clean installed it, see if that helps.

BurnStrike
03-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Well, downloading driver with driver booster could be an issue. Asus Support Downloads (https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/) would be where to get Asus tested and approved drivers. NVidia would be the correct place to get their drivers. Using 3rd party driver installers are very good way to screw up your notebook.
With Nvidia drivers, if you having issues with the latest version drop back one version or two and see if it clears things up.
you appear to be having some sort of driver issue or something is using up your GPU Cycles
I would go to Nvidia website (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx) and download either a newer or one version older an clean installed it, see if that helps.
Well,after I updated the drivers with Driver Booster, and saw that doesn't fix anything, I've reinstalled the windows, but didn't fix either.I uninstalled with DDU the newer driver and installed the version ftom ASUS and is still the same.I had about 3 laptops before this one and I sent em back mostly because of this issue.I try for years to find the problem idk what to do.

Clintlgm
03-31-2018, 04:18 PM
Well,after I updated the drivers with Driver Booster, and saw that doesn't fix anything, I've reinstalled the windows, but didn't fix either.I uninstalled with DDU the newer driver and installed the version ftom ASUS and is still the same.I had about 3 laptops before this one and I sent em back mostly because of this issue.I try for years to find the problem idk what to do.

Well, a good place to start would be to get rid of all these 3rd party installers and uninstaller. Nvidia on a clean install, will sufficiently uninstall the previous driver and install the driver you are installing. Windows uninstaller works perfectly fine.
If you're having an issue that you actually need these 3rd party program. You really need to Clean install and start over
Download the drivers manually you need from the proper places and manually install them yourself and you may be able to solve your issues..

The slow down you are experiencing is because you are running out of resources for some reason either your RAM is too full, your CPU or GPU is maxing out and has to slow down until the data stream is reduced. This is usually caused by incorrect drivers, driver conflicts, Malware or virus.

The protocol would be to ensure you have no Malware or virus affecting your computer.
Ensure you have correct working drivers for all your hardware, simple things can cause the weirdest problems that you would never think of. Third party programs are at the top of the list for causing an issue.

All else fails clean install, Update widows fully. Go to device manager and ensure you have the latest Asus approved drivers installed do this manually yourself. Windows updates will have installed Windows native drivers so manually install the Asus driver.

At this point, you should have a stable computer. Run Benchmark programs take your pick what you want to do is verify that your computer is stable. You want to run something that pushes your CPU GPU and RAM to the max for several minutes. I use performance test, Burn in Test a and 3D Mark, FurMark. If you pass all benchmarks. Then start adding your software one game or program at a time and fully tested to ensure each is working perfectly. Do this one at a time fully testing until you find the game or program that is causing your issue.

Trust me Asus Repair is not going to do this for you. All they will do is put the original Image back on your notebook minimally test it and send it back to you.

BurnStrike
04-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Well, a good place to start would be to get rid of all these 3rd party installers and uninstaller. Nvidia on a clean install, will sufficiently uninstall the previous driver and install the driver you are installing. Windows uninstaller works perfectly fine.
If you're having an issue that you actually need these 3rd party program. You really need to Clean install and start over
Download the drivers manually you need from the proper places and manually install them yourself and you may be able to solve your issues..

The slow down you are experiencing is because you are running out of resources for some reason either your RAM is too full, your CPU or GPU is maxing out and has to slow down until the data stream is reduced. This is usually caused by incorrect drivers, driver conflicts, Malware or virus.

The protocol would be to ensure you have no Malware or virus affecting your computer.
Ensure you have correct working drivers for all your hardware, simple things can cause the weirdest problems that you would never think of. Third party programs are at the top of the list for causing an issue.

All else fails clean install, Update widows fully. Go to device manager and ensure you have the latest Asus approved drivers installed do this manually yourself. Windows updates will have installed Windows native drivers so manually install the Asus driver.

At this point, you should have a stable computer. Run Benchmark programs take your pick what you want to do is verify that your computer is stable. You want to run something that pushes your CPU GPU and RAM to the max for several minutes. I use performance test, Burn in Test a and 3D Mark, FurMark. If you pass all benchmarks. Then start adding your software one game or program at a time and fully tested to ensure each is working perfectly. Do this one at a time fully testing until you find the game or program that is causing your issue.

Trust me Asus Repair is not going to do this for you. All they will do is put the original Image back on your notebook minimally test it and send it back to you.

I've reinstalled windows 10 again.I've installed only driver for video card and chipset and is still the same.Then I reinstalled again Windows and installed only video card driver and stil was the same.Idk if is an hardware or software issue.Can't seem to be from HDD cause I installed CSGO on SSD an is same.

Clintlgm
04-01-2018, 07:02 PM
I've reinstalled windows 10 again.I've installed only driver for video card and chipset and is still the same.Then I reinstalled again Windows and installed only video card driver and stil was the same.Idk if is an hardware or software issue.Can't seem to be from HDD cause I installed CSGO on SSD an is same.

So the Windows has installed native drivers for all your hardware except you installed Nvidia drivers?
ATK package is needed
I would install the Asus hardware drivers ensure you are on the latest BIOS/UEFI
Install the latest chipset info files
Do not install any games or other software. You have to eliminate the chance that software is causing the issue.
Get the drivers from your eSupport folder
With only Asus software and drivers if the issue is persistent the issue is hardware and you'll need to RMA it for service
If you load games or software you're contaminating the process and you won't be able to isolate the issue.

Otherwise just RMA it, they will put the original Image back on it the issue goes away they'll send it back to you. Hardware issue presents themselves when no other software is present. if problems start after installing games or software it, not the hardware that is the issue.