PDA

View Full Version : how can i get my G752 intel hd 530 installed properly?

andreasaspenberg
05-02-2018, 01:35 PM
my laptop came with only the gtx 1070 installed. i managed to install drivers for the intel HD 530 but it is still not working properly. it shows placement as unknown and have an error message with object name not found. my laptop is a G752.

Gps3dx
05-02-2018, 02:22 PM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81406-G752VT-Integrated-Graphics-Card-Missing

Darnassus
05-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Pretty much above. Gaming Laptop. Turn off integrated GPU in Intel Chip = Less heat and so on.

andreasaspenberg
05-02-2018, 02:39 PM
that is still not helping me because starcraft 2 will only run on high while it is disabled. it uses optimus and blizzard refuse to reprogram it go around optimus. i need to get it working as starcraft 2 works on ultra on an older laptop because that have the integrated gpu installed.

Darnassus
05-03-2018, 12:45 AM
That's the thing, we can't help you lol.

The iGPU on the CPU is pretty much missing. The only way you have G-Sync on your monitor is because it's directly connected to your NVidia Graphics Card.

Even if you were to turn on the iGPU on your CPU, it would have nothing to connect to as far as I understand it.

Although I confuse myself, because disabling the NVidia Card still shows a picture on my screen.

Need more information on the subject.

I think the iGPU side on the CPU may not even be connected, pin wise.

Joanne@ASUS
05-03-2018, 08:11 AM
Hello,

Would you please give us your full model name and let's see what we can do for you about the driver version.
Thanks.

andreasaspenberg
05-03-2018, 12:38 PM
what is listed on the box is G752V. if i shall run starcraft 2 above high i need a functional intel HD GPU because it relies on optimus to find optimal settings. because it can not find optimal setting it recommends high and setting anything above recommended triggers a built in safeguard in the official server. it gets me booted off.

Gps3dx
05-03-2018, 05:47 PM
Hello,

Would you please give us your full model name and let's see what we can do for you about the driver version.
Thanks.

LOLRF !
you're trying to help a lost case ( iGpu drivers for an G752 serie, which the dGpu is hardwired to the screen ) instead of publishing a clear bold note that the iGpu is disabled, on the official spec pages of the different G752 models.
Asus... wow.... ( facepalm ).

andreasaspenberg
05-03-2018, 06:24 PM
there must be some way to reenable the integrated gpu even if it is not master but slave. it is still there. the drivers is installed as well but it is not currently operating. i am desperate. a lack of a solution to this problem forces me to go for a desktop, which my land lord is not exactly happy about. i am also a laptop gamer so i would prefer a laptop.

Darnassus
05-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Your... landlord worries about a PC? Ask him if pets are fine, if he says yes, call local psych.

But yeah, perhaps the NVidia GPU still runs even if turned off or driverless, just not properly.

CPU iGPU may simply just not be reachable.

cl-Albert
05-03-2018, 11:43 PM
there must be some way to reenable the integrated gpu even if it is not master but slave. it is still there. the drivers is installed as well but it is not currently operating.

We may want to confirm the full G752V model name under the notebook, but from what I've seen all the G752V units were designed to only use Nvidia graphics and nobody has ever found a way to enable the Intel CPU graphics so far for those units (which may not even be have the Intel CPU graphics connected in the hardware).

Check device manager to see what display adapters are listed and if there are any unknown devices with drivers that have not been installed, but if you don't see the Intel display adapter listed, it doesn't exist in the system (feel free to include a screenshot if you wish).

=================

Don't know much about it myself, but just wondering about the other people who also don't have both integrated graphics and Nvidia graphics since there should be plenty of systems which only have Nvidia graphics.
Hoping there is a solution for you and other customers who don't have integrated graphics or Optimus if you want to look into this more?

Darnassus
05-04-2018, 02:34 PM
I'm surprised about Optimus, too.. I didn't think the G752's used it..

I remember there used to be a full on UI, but now it must've become discreet background, behind the scenes or well hidden.

cl-Albert
05-04-2018, 09:49 PM
fyi.

If anyone is interested, below is a screenshot from our GL551JM test unit which includes both Intel and Nvidia display adapters listed in device manager.
Not all notebooks were designed similarly though and if you don't see an Intel display adapter listed in device manager, you will not be able to use it in Windows.
It's also possible your system wasn't designed to or isn't able to use Intel onboard CPU graphics.

MrRuckus
05-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Its my understanding that some of the older Asus G Series laptops supported Optimus, but most did not. I dont know if any newer Asus Rog machines that do use Optimus and I dont believe the G752 does on any model (but I could be wrong).

Also as others have stated, the full Model number would greatly help us. It should be on the bottom of the laptop or the Box, but it has to be the full model #. G752V is only part of the model #.

and what problem are you having in StarCraft II? I played SC2 without issue on my old G752. This is something I have not seen an issue with?

andreasaspenberg
05-16-2018, 09:07 PM
starcraft 2 could not go above high settings even though the gtx 1070 is strong enough, because the intel HD 530 was not working properly. starcraft 2 will default all settings to high without optimus installed on that system. optimus was present but with the intel gpu not working, starcraft 2 could not detect optimal settings for the gtx 1070. that is not a problem for the desktop version of gtx 1070 where extreme is recommended. setting anything above recommended results is being booted from the starcraft 2 server.

Gps3dx
05-18-2018, 12:04 PM
starcraft 2 could not go above high settings even though the gtx 1070 is strong enough, because the intel HD 530 was not working properly. starcraft 2 will default all settings to high without optimus installed on that system. optimus was present but with the intel gpu not working, starcraft 2 could not detect optimal settings for the gtx 1070. that is not a problem for the desktop version of gtx 1070 where extreme is recommended. setting anything above recommended results is being booted from the starcraft 2 server.

so your issue is not about wanting to enable HD graphics, but to have a game, like SC2, work better.

as it was stated here by many veteran user's - YOU CAN NOT ENABLE HD GRAPHICS ON G752 serie ( or G751JT/Y for that matter ) - so let just drop the subject.
you want to play with the max ability of your laptop, meaning having the NVIDIA dGPU work as best it can.

A. USE DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) to WIPE ANY INTEL DRIVER remains -> REBOOT -> then use it again to wipe any NVIDIA driver remains -> REBOOT.
B. goto NVIDIA SITE and get the LATEST DRIVER (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx) -> during installation choose CLEAN INSTALL, and then custom your installation and pick what you need ( Graphics driver + PhysX IS A MUST ), IMHO it is best to AVOID "GameReady" app.
C. REBOOT

then check SC2 to see if it will have done any good.

LASTLY, FOR THE SAKE OF OTHER USERS - PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS YOUR FULL MODEL NAME ? ( G752VT etc ? )
you can use HWINFO free & portable ( no installation ) (https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php) for that - you see that, in the 1st screen as you open that app, under "computer brand name.

P.S - this sub-forum is full with report of issue with Nvidia drivers on G752 for some unknown reason - AFAIK, Nvidia know about it and AFAIK they've already fixed that.

andreasaspenberg
05-19-2018, 11:39 PM
but then starcraft 2 runs on the intel HD 530 instead of the gtx 1070. starcraft 2 was built with optimus in mind so in order to run on a dedicated laptop gpu, it needs to go through optimus to get there. if it can not interface with optimus, it runs on the integrated gpu. it is working as intended so blizzard will not change it. therefore, the pc needs to be set up correctly with both gpus running.

Clintlgm
05-20-2018, 03:57 AM
but then starcraft 2 runs on the intel HD 530 instead of the gtx 1070. starcraft 2 was built with optimus in mind so in order to run on a dedicated laptop gpu, it needs to go through optimus to get there. if it can not interface with optimus, it runs on the integrated gpu. it is working as intended so blizzard will not change it. therefore, the pc needs to be set up correctly with both gpus running.

So far as I know no G752 has the Intel on-chip video. it's not disabled its just not there!!! I know this to be true through the G752VY

Gps3dx
05-20-2018, 01:21 PM

PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS YOUR FULL MODEL NAME ?
( G752VT/Y etc ? )

you can use HWinfo (https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php) to understand which one is it.

MrRuckus
05-21-2018, 06:19 PM

You gotta get away from this. If for some reason your computer is reporting you have Optimus, it is incorrect, no G752 has Optimus so something is wrong. You wont be able to ever get optimus running because its not supported on the G752, its not there, the iGPU does not function on your laptop.

I would do what Gps3dx suggested with the removal of both drivers as that should hopefully get rid of whatever SC II is seeing and trying to use. Good Luck.

andreasaspenberg
05-22-2018, 12:09 AM
the integrated gpu can not simply be removed as it is built into the cpu so it must be disabled through software. starcraft 2 still tries to run on it though. there is no drivers installed for the integrated gpu by default. i have checked on nvidia`s websites and gtx 1070 does support optimus.

Gps3dx
05-22-2018, 12:34 AM
@andreasaspenberg - I finished replying here.
want my help ?
A. tell us what is your FULL laptop model
B. follow my previous advise.

G.L.

andreasaspenberg
05-22-2018, 06:12 PM
i have given you all the information i have. the laptop had to be serviced because its SSD was fried so i do not have it at the moment.

Darnassus
05-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Ah okay so I was right, the G752 doesn't have Optimus. ;3

Perhaps he has a G73 something, not a G752..?

OP you need to find your receipt or post a picture.. this is silly ;U

MrRuckus
05-24-2018, 12:09 AM
i have given you all the information i have. the laptop had to be serviced because its SSD was fried so i do not have it at the moment.

You stated the SSD fried. Are they going to reload it for you? This could be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully when its reloaded, the iGPU software will not be there to interfere.

This issue you have is not a well known issue. I played SCII on my G752 without issue and never ran into an issue with the iGPU. While the physical portion is still on the CPU itself for the iGPU, it is not used in the G752. I think this may be done via the Asus Bios as the integrated GPU is not initialized. All the external connectors and internals use the Nvidia GPU. The intel portion is not used or seen. I dont know why you're is seeing it because you should not. This is the reason these laptops in particular get HORRIBLE battery life, because they dont use optimus in any fashion and the dedicated GPU is always in use.

Its almost as if at sopme point incorrect drivers were installed. Perhaps drivers for an optimus enabled laptop. As long as you pull drivers straight from Nvidia's site and only use those, you should be fine.

I can check my G752 as I still have it, I just gave it to my son. I can check to see if the Intel portion is seen. Im almost certain though it is not.

andreasaspenberg
05-24-2018, 09:14 PM
and yet, starcraft 2 runs directly on the integrated gpu, not even seeing that it can use the dedicated one. nvidia optimus is not pc dependent but gpu dependent. the gtx 1070 have optimus. it is not a driver problem. it is starcraft 2`s code which requires optimus to run on laptop dedicated gpus. running it above recommended results in being booted off the official servers. my gtx 770m runs it at ultra but the mobile gtx 1070 can only run it at high or else it lags and drops because optimus is not working properly with the intel HD 530 not installed. it returned to the shop and i can pick it up tomorrow if i get this problem solved.

MrRuckus
05-24-2018, 11:45 PM
and yet, starcraft 2 runs directly on the integrated gpu, not even seeing that it can use the dedicated one. nvidia optimus is not pc dependent but gpu dependent. the gtx 1070 have optimus. it is not a driver problem. it is starcraft 2`s code which requires optimus to run on laptop dedicated gpus. running it above recommended results in being booted off the official servers. my gtx 770m runs it at ultra but the mobile gtx 1070 can only run it at high or else it lags and drops because optimus is not working properly with the intel HD 530 not installed. it returned to the shop and i can pick it up tomorrow if i get this problem solved.

Im sorry but you are incorrect. You're saying that any laptop with an Intel CPU that has an iGPU onboard & a dedicated GPU has optimus and this is entirely incorrect. Optimus is laptop dependent. The laptop has to support it. Any Nvidia GPU from the 5 series on supports Optimus, but it is laptop dependent. Does your laptop have an Optimus sticker?? It should if it supports it, as Optimus is one of the main selling points in those Optimus enabled laptops.

Here. If you really think your laptop is capable of Optimus, then do this:
https://www.howtogeek.com/136123/htg-explains-what-you-need-to-know-about-nvidia-optimus/

Now this is where you have to listen to us... IF YOU DONT SEE these options? Then your laptop DOES NOT have optimus. Im positive you arent going to see these options because like we have said, the G752 does not support Optimus. But if you have Optimus, this is how you make it switch between the two..

You may not have the same options in the Nvidia Control Panel, but there should be something similar where you can force it to use the Nvidia graphics card for the game. Or have you tried the same through Geforce Experience? One way or the other you should be able to force SC II to use the Nvidia GPU.

Do you have Steam? Is it running in the background? According to that website, steam will force the Nvidia graphics to be used if its running. You could even add SC II as a non steam game and run it from within steam, see if that resolves the problem.

andreasaspenberg
05-25-2018, 12:03 AM
no, according to nvidia`s websites, gtx 1070 includes optimus(it is gpu dependent). that article contained stuff i already knew. geforce experience stopped working years ago and have not worked since on any of my pcs. steam will try to force the integrated graphics card to run the game, not the dedicated one. it is a serious problem on my current laptop as steam forces it to use its integrated gpu for game that is compatible with my dedicated gpu(disc version runs on dedicated while steam version runs on integrated). starcraft 2 will not be forced, it is slowly losing support for dedicated gpus.

Clintlgm
05-25-2018, 02:42 AM
no, according to nvidia`s websites, gtx 1070 includes optimus(it is gpu dependent). that article contained stuff i already knew. geforce experience stopped working years ago and have not worked since on any of my pcs. steam will try to force the integrated graphics card to run the game, not the dedicated one. it is a serious problem on my current laptop as steam forces it to use its integrated gpu for game that is compatible with my dedicated gpu(disc version runs on dedicated while steam version runs on integrated). starcraft 2 will not be forced, it is slowly losing support for dedicated gpus.

This is a good one here now NVidia software run Optimus software without the CPU having the ability too. LOL, If your notebook says it has integrated Graphics then you have Optimus. Asus G752 doesn't have it. I think maybe these guys are mixing up the GL752 some of them may have the integrated graphics not sure about that but it the only thing I can think of that that has them thinking G752 have it. The Original Poster still has never told us his full model name and code

cl-Albert
05-25-2018, 04:39 PM
no, according to nvidia`s websites, gtx 1070 includes optimus(it is gpu dependent).

You may also want to discuss or confirm with others like Nvidia possibly, but the confusion here may be that the GTX 1070 can support Optimus, but Optimus will not always be included or supported in the notebook if the system manufacturer does not choose to implement it with the Intel cpu.

If you check the Nvidia information about Optimus technology below, it mentions you also need the Intel integrated graphics processor which I'm sure is not included with the GTX 1070:
"Using NVIDIA's Optimus technology, when the discrete GPU is handling all the rendering duties, the final image output to the display is still handled by the Intel integrated graphics processor (IGP). In effect, the IGP is only being used as a simple display controller, resulting in a seamless, flicker-free experience with no need to reboot.
When less critical or less demanding applications are run, the discrete GPU is powered off and the Intel IGP handles both rendering and display calls to conserve power and provide the highest possible battery life."

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/optimus/technology
(https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/optimus/technology)

Another way to confirm this may be to check if it is possible (in theory?) for any notebooks using the GTX 1070 and AMD cpus (not sure if there are any) to support Optimus.

Expect you will hear that an Intel CPU will always be necessary to support Optimus because the Intel integrated graphics processor (which also appears in device manager under your display adapters when supported and installed correctly) is coming from that Intel CPU.

MrRuckus
05-25-2018, 05:40 PM
no, according to nvidia`s websites, gtx 1070 includes optimus(it is gpu dependent)..

Ok.. Goodluck man. You obviously came here to argue, not resolve your concern. You have been told by multiple people that your laptop does not support Optimus, yet you are stuck on saying it does.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/optimus/supported-gpus

As I said before, ANY Geforce series from the 5 series up can support Optimus, but not all of them have it as it is up to the manufacturer to support it (laptop dependent). You seem to not want to believe this fact.

Examples:
ASUS G74Sx DH72 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M - GPU able to support Optimus, laptop DID NOT HAVE IT.
ASUS G750JH DB71 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M - GPU able to support Optimus, laptop DID NOT HAVE IT.
ASUS G752VY-DH72 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M - GPU able to support Optimus, laptop DID NOT HAVE IT.
ASUS G703VI-XH74K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - GPU able to support Optimus, laptop DID NOT HAVE IT.

These are all laptops I have owned/currently own. All GPU's were capable of Optimus, but never had it because it was not implemented/used by Asus. Laptop dependent.

andreasaspenberg
05-25-2018, 10:28 PM
optimus have a software requirement as well which is already met in my case. i can access the optimus interface on task bar. that icon actually have to be turned on in modern laptops. i went to buy it today but the shop found out that it was not repaired so they decided to send it back for repair a second time. power have terrible communication. i looked up the pcs you listed and the fourth one does actually have integrated gpu according to intel though they have no information on the others.

Gps3dx
05-25-2018, 11:01 PM
optimus have a software requirement as well which is already met in my case. i can access the optimus interface on task bar. that icon actually have to be turned on in modern laptops.

So let me get it right, you got hold on your laptop today & you've been into the shop that repairs it - and you still don't know your full laptop's model name ?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/026e2653d21d2785e711cf50b5ce03dc/tenor.gif?itemid=3462019

Clintlgm
05-26-2018, 05:17 PM
So let me get it right, you got hold on your laptop today & you've been into the shop that repairs it - and you still don't know your full laptop's model name ?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/026e2653d21d2785e711cf50b5ce03dc/tenor.gif?itemid=3462019

LOL GPS3DX, I think think this dude is just trolling us, this whole thread hasn't seemed legit to me?

andreasaspenberg
05-27-2018, 12:52 PM
i am never trolling. i do not know when it is repaired but, i want this issue solved. if i can not get this issue solved, my current laptop will do as it can run starcraft 2 on ultra without dropping, while the asus rog laptop can only run on high without dropping because of a safe guard in starcraft 2 that drops players running above recommended.

Clintlgm
05-27-2018, 03:03 PM
i am never trolling. i do not know when it is repaired but, i want this issue solved. if i can not get this issue solved, my current laptop will do as it can run starcraft 2 on ultra without dropping, while the asusWell rog laptop can only run on high without dropping because of a safe guard in starcraft 2 that drops players running above recommended.

Well there you go, you like your old notebook better so just keep it and sell the new one because of the G752 in never going to support Optimus since Intel HD 530 is not on the CPU on these models. And your unwilling to learn how to run Starcraft without it.

Gps3dx
05-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Well there you go, you like your old notebook better so just keep it and sell the new one because of the G752 in never going to support Optimus since Intel HD 530 is not on the CPU on these models. And your unwilling to learn how to run Starcraft without it.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o72FcJmLzIdYJdmDe/giphy.gif

andreasaspenberg
06-07-2018, 06:31 PM
there is no way to run starcraft 2 properly on a laptop without optimus installed. blizzards programmed it that way. if you have any workarounds i am willing to listen but so far you have not provided any. the HD 530 is on all i7-6700HQ cpus as intel built it that way.

Clintlgm
06-09-2018, 07:28 PM
there is no way to run starcraft 2 properly on a laptop without Optimus installed. blizzards programmed it that way. if you have any workarounds i am willing to listen but so far you have not provided any. the HD 530 is on all i7-6700HQ cpusWell as intel built it that way.

Well, I'm not a gamer, I would suggest you go to the gaming forum for that game and I'll bet that you'll find the workaround for it there. It appears no one in this forum has an answer for you. We don't have Optimus notebooks so I guess we just don't play that game?

Anyone else have a workaround for this game on our G752 Notebooks?

MrRuckus
06-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Well, I'm not a gamer, I would suggest you go to the gaming forum for that game and I'll bet that you'll find the workaround for it there. It appears no one in this forum has an answer for you. We don't have Optimus notebooks so I guess we just don't play that game?

Anyone else have a workaround for this game on our G752 Notebooks?

I played SC2 on my previous G752 all the time (my son does now). No Optimus, never ran into it as being a problem, probably because I never tried to install the iGPU drivers in a laptop that doesn't support such a thing..

Just a guess on my part.

Clintlgm
06-12-2018, 02:07 AM
I played SC2 on my previous G752 all the time (my son does now). No Optimus, never ran into it as being a problem, probably because I never tried to install the iGPU drivers in a laptop that doesn't support such a thing..

Just a guess on my part.
That guess sounds pretty good to me MrRuckus

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o72FcJmLzIdYJdmDe/giphy.gif

Darnassus
06-12-2018, 07:29 AM
Let this thread die. Nobody reply until OP pulls the finger out and posts what model laptop he has with Screenshots of DXDIAG.

How to reach DXDIAG? --- Windows + R type "DXDIAG"

Screenshot information, then post here.