PDA

View Full Version : ROG Gladius II - Left & Right Mouse-Click Bug

KeyloggerCat
05-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Alrighty ROG'er,
I just bought a Gladius 2 ~1 week ago.
After I installed the Armoury 2 Software, the first I did was doing a Firmware Update with the FW-0186 from the ASUS Site.
Then I noticed that you can do an Update from the Arm2 Software, so it updated to FW-0187.
(Didn't used it between that very much)

While gaming I noticed that sometimes it kinda "holds" my Left or Right Click active till I press that one again.
So i swapped out the switches, but the same still happens.

So that basically means it's a FW or Software issue right, any suggestions?

Sincerely, Tobias

MasterC@ROG
05-18-2018, 06:47 AM
Does this happen only when you're gaming?
Do the buttons look like they are physically getting stuck down?

cybacreep
05-18-2018, 08:16 AM

Same problem here and no its not physically getting stuck down, its like the button go's into to auto shoot in game.
I haven't had a problem browsing the internet pages

KeyloggerCat
05-18-2018, 11:33 AM

Hard to tell, in games you get that auto-shoot as some sort of indication.
I'll keep an eye on it while browsing.

EDIT: Not physically stuck

KeyloggerCat
05-19-2018, 09:47 PM
Same with FW-0186 btw

MasterC@ROG
05-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Do you both have the Gladius II (not Origin)?

xbusterBR
05-22-2018, 03:12 PM
All the described info matches the issue I currently have. Not physical, happened after the firmware update, tried swaping the switches, no MACROS, nothing to do with the game (which is Counter Strike Global Offensive)...tonight I'm gonna try using the other USB cable that came with it, but I doubt I'll have any luck since it is more firmware related-like.

The other thing I'm going to try is to change the button response rate, though I'd hate to lose that low response feature, but just to make sure. I currently use 4ms, gonna try adjusting to higher values.

Hope Asus releases the new firmware with that bug fixed soon.

KeyloggerCat
05-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Alrighty, here's what i tried!

- Using "GladiusII_v0186" (https://www.asus.com/nz/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_BIOS/)
& "GladiusII_v0187", which you can only get from the Armoury FW-Updater for some reason.
- Swapping the switches
- Change Button Response Time

What i still want to try:
- Use an older Fw (does a Mod here got one maybe :) ?)
- Task close/Uninstalling the ROG Armoury Software

It's such a nice Mice, the grip, that 3 Buttons and don't forget about that RGB tho.
And since the 3 Mice's i got from oaRrz are all sh*t but just had that nice feelin', i would hate to replace that one here again cause it's perfect.

Just give us another FW fast ;)

KeyloggerCat
05-22-2018, 04:46 PM

Exactly

MasterC@ROG
05-23-2018, 03:50 AM
We'll run some tests and update the firmware if necessary. Thanks for letting us know, will keep you posted.

xbusterBR
05-26-2018, 06:16 AM

Yes

danfab
06-09-2018, 08:49 AM

Same problem here, Gladius 2 not Origin and fw 0187

xbusterBR
06-12-2018, 01:57 AM
Anyone else using Razer Synapse? I think it has some kind of conflict! i've just fresh installed armoury software and now my razer synapse is not working anymore. Maybe the other way around has something to do with this issue, after Razer's software came with an update

MasterC@ROG
06-14-2018, 03:16 AM
We are still trying to replicate this issue. In the past, there was a conflict issue when Synapse was installed. We will check this again. Thanks for the info.

YuriadvX
06-20-2018, 02:48 AM
Like i said on the DM, i have the same issue.

BF4 with a good assault rifle is a good place to start when trying to replicate it.

PS: i don't have Razer Synapse installed, since it seems to cause some kind of conflict.

YuriadvX
06-21-2018, 01:06 AM
Just a quick update to say that this happened in PUBG once as well.

I switched the stock OMRON 50M switches to the OMRON Japan ones, but the issue remained (still using the Japan switches, i prefer the clicking feel that they give me).

It really seems to be firmware related, it simply holds the fire after releasing the click until you click back.

Happens quite rarely, but still, it happens.

Veenasty
06-23-2018, 10:46 PM
Since in World of Warcraft you have to hold both mouse buttons to move it is a major issue with this mouse. It only occurs when you press both left/right buttons simultaneously and release to perform another action. One of the buttons will simply act as if its held down and have to click again to unlock it. Also when windows 10 starts up the left click acts as if its clicked and get the drag cursor activated. It happens every time I start windows but does not occur if windows is started up with mouse unplugged and issue shows up again when playing WoW and even in other games like Battlefield 1. I have done everything possible to get rid of this issue like reinstalling windows and updating firmware but nothing has worked so far. I can repeat this issue by simply pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously and it happens randomly and often.

YuriadvX
07-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Any updates on this issue? Keeps happening to me in BF1.

KeyloggerCat
07-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Im sorry guys, I didn't found a working fix for that issue and neither did ASUS.
I'll leave ASUS Hardware behind now, I got to many problems with them.

Greetings and good luck!

xbusterBR
07-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Im sorry guys, I didn't found a working fix for that issue and neither did ASUS.
I'll leave ASUS Hardware behind now, I got to many problems with them.

Greetings and good luck!

Yeah me too. And I have to say that you actually tolerated too much. I gave up like a month ago, I play competitive games and it was jeopardizing my matches, I was forced to switch the hardware.

tap002
08-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Any new information?
My Gladius II came with my ROG Strix GL703GE-IS74 and Amoury was not preinstalled. I downloaded version 2.06.01; firmware version 0174, unchecked automatic updates and have not experienced any problems with my mouse. I've simply not upgraded or installed version 2.06.04 or upgraded firmware. Has version 2.06.04 resolved this issue?

KeyloggerCat
08-16-2018, 06:44 AM
Any new information?
My Gladius II came with my ROG Strix GL703GE-IS74 and Amoury was not preinstalled. I downloaded version 2.06.01; firmware version 0174, unchecked automatic updates and have not experienced any problems with my mouse. I've simply not upgraded or installed version 2.06.04 or upgraded firmware. Has version 2.06.04 resolved this issue?

Hi, the 2.06.04 came with nop updated firmware unfortunately, so the issue is still present.

Can you do me a favor?
If there are files in ur "X:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\Upgrade_GladiusII" dir (should be something like App, Bootloader & version),
can you pack them in a .zip, upload and send them to me as a pm?
(dunno if that site allows links)

have a good one

stu86202
08-22-2018, 07:46 AM
My Mouse is Gladius II, SW Ver. 2.06.04; FW Ver. 0187

When playing Battlefield 1, it will stuck/hold (not physically) occasionally, both left and right button.

The settings under Performance tab is:
DPI1: 800
DPI2: 400
Angle Snaaping: The left one
Polling Rate: 1000
Acceleration/Deceleration: Both Minimum
Button Response: 8ms

Still haven’t found anyway to solve this situation.

MasterC@ROG
08-23-2018, 03:14 AM
My Mouse is Gladius II, SW Ver. 2.06.04; FW Ver. 0187

When playing Battlefield 1, it will stuck/hold (not physically) occasionally, both left and right button.

The settings under Performance tab is:
DPI1: 800
DPI2: 400
Angle Snaaping: The left one
Polling Rate: 1000
Acceleration/Deceleration: Both Minimum
Button Response: 8ms

Still haven’t found anyway to solve this situation.

So that we are clear, are your systems overclocked in any way?
If so, please revert to stock to see if the issue is resolved. We still can't replicate this issue.

DeXZoR
09-03-2018, 11:01 AM
This probelm happens for the ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin. so any uppdates on this ?

Tupac91
10-09-2018, 08:45 AM
I have the ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin and it also happens to me and there seems to be no solution, it is a very serious problem, for example in Rainbow Six Siege, you stop shooting and the juice continues to shoot alone, in The Division the same thing happens.
I'm going to change my mouse and it's sad because it's very comfortable

nbtc971
10-15-2018, 04:36 AM
I'm having this issues with the Gladius II. Also my melee will fire when I'm shooting even after disabling all the extra mouse buttons. My post is here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105381-ROG-Gladius-II-Battlefield-3-Melee-keeps-firing-while-shooting-and-more.

If this issue can't be fixed, or isn't adequately addressed, I'm going to be forced to ask for a refund.

MasterC@ROG
10-15-2018, 09:32 AM
I have the ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin and it also happens to me and there seems to be no solution, it is a very serious problem, for example in Rainbow Six Siege, you stop shooting and the juice continues to shoot alone, in The Division the same thing happens.
I'm going to change my mouse and it's sad because it's very comfortable

Firmware version 0110 for the Gladius II Origin was released last week and should have rectified the issue. If you cannot auto-update in Armoury, let me know.

MasterC@ROG
10-15-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm having this issues with the Gladius II. Also my melee will fire when I'm shooting even after disabling all the extra mouse buttons. My post is here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105381-ROG-Gladius-II-Battlefield-3-Melee-keeps-firing-while-shooting-and-more.

If this issue can't be fixed, or isn't adequately addressed, I'm going to be forced to ask for a refund.

Sorry for the inconvenience, a new firmware for the Gladius II will be released soon (no ETA at this point in time). That should resolve your issue.

DeXZoR
10-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience, a new firmware for the Gladius II will be released soon (no ETA at this point in time). That should resolve your issue.

Ahh nice lets hoppe it fixes it i uppdatet yesterday will for sure come back it have not happend yet today andi play 2-3 H off BF4 so fare so maby its fix holding my thumbs :D

Kiloy
10-20-2018, 07:43 PM
I've got the same problem with the Asus ROG Pugio. :( I'm currently using firmware version 0153.
It would be nice if this problem can be fixed for this mouse aswell!

MasterC@ROG
10-22-2018, 01:32 AM
I've got the same problem with the Asus ROG Pugio. :( I'm currently using firmware version 0153.
It would be nice if this problem can be fixed for this mouse aswell!

In which game(s) have you experienced this?

Kiloy
10-22-2018, 02:01 PM
In which game(s) have you experienced this?
In CS:GO, Overwatch, Far Cry. The problem appears everywhere, i tested it with a keystroke display program.

IIIXJannikXIII
10-22-2018, 02:20 PM
waiting for firmware update on gladius 2 I gueeesss

SMOKERx
11-02-2018, 06:33 PM
gladius II user here, been having this bug u all talking about since last year, but this 0186fw is still working "better" but still gives the freezing inputs. Also w8ing for a fix here. =] otherwise it's the best mouse for my hand, really love the comfort of it!

Shanester
11-07-2018, 03:30 PM
I just purchased a Gladius II (moving on from the Spatha), updated to the latest firmware and have been playing a healthy amount of BF, PUBG, COD, ect. and have had no issues with the mouse as of yet.

Kiloy
11-18-2018, 05:55 PM
I bought black ops 4 and it's unplayable with the left and right click bug.
I'm still using the asus rog pugio and i need a fix asap.

MasterC@ROG
11-19-2018, 03:43 AM
gladius II user here, been having this bug u all talking about since last year, but this 0186fw is still working "better" but still gives the freezing inputs. Also w8ing for a fix here. =] otherwise it's the best mouse for my hand, really love the comfort of it!

Firmware 0187 is the latest for Gladius II (not Origin), please run Live Update. Let me know if it does not update automatically.

tap002
11-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Receiving
Error Number 0x80040707
Description Dll function call crashed:
InstallHelper.InstallKeyBotEnvironment
Setup will now terminate.
When running live update or downloading and installing Version 3.00.14 from support page.
Can uninstall and install version 2.06.06 no problem.

MasterC@ROG
11-28-2018, 08:19 AM
I bought black ops 4 and it's unplayable with the left and right click bug.
I'm still using the asus rog pugio and i need a fix asap.

As far as I know, a new firmware for the Pugio is coming soon, but I won't be able to provide an ETA at this time.

MasterC@ROG
11-28-2018, 08:20 AM
Receiving
Error Number 0x80040707
Description Dll function call crashed:
InstallHelper.InstallKeyBotEnvironment
Setup will now terminate.
When running live update or downloading and installing Version 3.00.14 from support page.
Can uninstall and install version 2.06.06 no problem.

When updating from an older version, run UpdateInstaller.exe (instead of Setup.exe).

danfab
12-15-2018, 09:59 AM
problem still here with new Armoury version 3.00.14 and fw 0187

i'm playing mostly PUBG and Overwatch
polling rate 1000Hz, 800dpi, nothing else changed

MasterC@ROG
12-17-2018, 03:11 AM
problem still here with new Armoury version 3.00.14 and fw 0187

i'm playing mostly PUBG and Overwatch
polling rate 1000Hz, 800dpi, nothing else changed

A new firmware has been released, do a Live Update to get firmware 0193 for your Gladius II.

tap002
12-19-2018, 05:12 PM
When updating from an older version, run UpdateInstaller.exe (instead of Setup.exe).

Whether I run UpdateInstaller.exe, Setup.exe or live update through the app, the process uninstalls the original before installing version 3.00.14. At the end of attempted install I receive the error message and install fails.
When I run the live update from within the app it does install firmware ver. 0193. When I receive the pop up asking to uninstall I cancel. I'm now running Version 2.06.06 with firmware ver. 0193.
Is this my own little anomaly or is someone else experience this?

MasterC@ROG
12-20-2018, 01:39 AM
Whether I run UpdateInstaller.exe, Setup.exe or live update through the app, the process uninstalls the original before installing version 3.00.14. At the end of attempted install I receive the error message and install fails.
When I run the live update from within the app it does install firmware ver. 0193. When I receive the pop up asking to uninstall I cancel. I'm now running Version 2.06.06 with firmware ver. 0193.
Is this my own little anomaly or is someone else experience this?

Is your system overclocked?
Have you tried to reinstall Windows recently?
Still the same error message as before?

tap002
12-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Is your system overclocked?
Have you tried to reinstall Windows recently?
Still the same error message as before?

Thanks for the response, exact same error message every time. No CPU overclock. Did a clean install in September. No intention of doing it again! I've installed and tried to update from Armoury versions 2.06.06, 2.06.01 and 2.04.09. I've never experienced the stuck button issue as my earliest post states, so if I didn't know there was a new version I'd be blissfully content, lol. Any suggestions other than reinstalling windows? P.S. all my personal settings remain when installing any of the three previous versions, so I assume there is a file or a registry setting not being removed when uninstalling?

MasterC@ROG
12-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the response, exact same error message every time. No CPU overclock. Did a clean install in September. No intention of doing it again! I've installed and tried to update from Armoury versions 2.06.06, 2.06.01 and 2.04.09. I've never experienced the stuck button issue as my earliest post states, so if I didn't know there was a new version I'd be blissfully content, lol. Any suggestions other than reinstalling windows? P.S. all my personal settings remain when installing any of the three previous versions, so I assume there is a file or a registry setting not being removed when uninstalling?

Tried these suggested actions?
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28734/~/error-error-number%3A-0x80040707-description%3A-dll-function-call-crashed%3A

danfab
12-22-2018, 09:31 AM
A new firmware has been released, do a Live Update to get firmware 0193 for your Gladius II.

succesfully updated, no problems so far.

Thank you

tap002
01-15-2019, 01:44 AM
Tried these suggested actions?
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28734/~/error-error-number%3A-0x80040707-description%3A-dll-function-call-crashed%3A

Version 3.00.16 installed using the UpdateInstaller.exe, Thank You.

One little anomaly it removed my start menu short cut, but that was easily manually recreated.

Tom Schultze
01-30-2019, 12:43 PM
I have the same issue on 0186. Over the occurrences, I have narrowed down when it happens to me (although I only experience it on the left click): The main contributor is the simultaneousness of clicks of the left and right mouse button. Like for most FPS gamers, those are shooting and aiming for me. So in in-game situations where I have to react quickly, I will often press both at nearly the same time. I do not know if it is a registration issue due to both signals overlapping, or due to the processing of one action leading to the other getting ignored. What I do know is, I have never had the left click not register a press, it is always the releasing that gets ignored. I also do not know the exact sequence of pressing and releasing of both buttons, that cause the bug. I have tried to reproduce it a couple of times already. The one time it worked, I think I held my right button for maybe a second and then pressed the left one quickly at the same time as I let go of the right one.

EDIT: My bad, I did not realize there were more comments.

Jcswe
11-22-2019, 11:46 PM
I have the same issue. And I am on my second mouse because I send one back on warranty but the problem is still there. It is super annoying! Have the latest update so what can I do?

tornreality
12-05-2019, 07:19 AM
I have the same issue. And I am on my second mouse because I send one back on warranty but the problem is still there. It is super annoying! Have the latest update so what can I do?

I've tried basically everything, every software/firmware version, swapped switches bought new switches, swapped the cord bought a new cord, reset windows, used different computer. A portion of their gladius ii origin are just defected and there's nothing you can do about it, hopefully you can return it and find a good gaming mouse from another company, Asus isn't going to fix it because they can't. It's been two years now, they know this problem exists and instead of having a recall of defective mice they choose to sweep it under the radar.

Bslash0
02-08-2020, 08:10 PM
I can confirm the same glitch happens with the Rog gladius II origin that I bought in 2018. Sometimes the buttons get stuck and I have to left click again to get rid of it. Other times I have to use ctrl + alt + del to get it to register clicks outside the active window again. This mostly happens in pc games. I have updated to the latest firmware too

antony209494
02-10-2020, 01:23 AM
Same for my Gladius II Origin. This is just unacceptable for such an expensive mouse! Can really ruin shooters when it happens. The latest update didn't help me either. Like the other guy said it seems to be defective out of the box. No firmware update can save it. Really disappointed!

Bslash0
02-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if Core has the same issues?

sepomatik
04-02-2020, 11:01 PM
Got mine today, same f***n' issue WTF!!!

biohazard_area
04-09-2020, 08:17 PM
I have same problem..... Sometimes the left click stays hooked, not physically, but it has spoiled my experience so many times that I can no longer bear the problem ... I have already asked for a return of the product, I will see if other mice of this brand suffer The same problem since it has not happened to me only with 1 game, and it has happened to me in shooters since it is where I use the left click the most.