PDA

View Full Version : UX31E not entering post

Pivotas
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Worked for 24 days now not at all. Yesterday, after Power On.. power button, F2 and Caps Lock light but no screen activity to indicate entering Post. After much searching, found referrence to 10 sec hold of power button to reset Bios and that brought it back. Did a Bios upgrade (from 7 to 10) using Win Flash utility provided by Asus. After what appeared to be a successful flash, in the Bios I enabled the entering Post sound and left all else at default, Remainder of the day with many off/on tests problem seemed fixed. Today... nothing. Pressing power on button will either A: do nothing at all B: light Power key but nothing else C: light Power, Caps Lock, F2 keys for 2 secs than off. When (A:) if I hold down key for 4 sec it then goes to (C:) The AC adapter will variously slow blink (Sleep?), rapid blink, remain green, remain red.

Email from Tech support tells me to remove the battery and do the 10 sec power button hold. If you've seen this notebook then you know one need watchmaker's tools to get to the battery... and there is no instrucion in the User Guide about removing the battery so I doubt that is what Tech Support really expects me to do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

chrsplmr
01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
That was where I was going.. remove the batter and push power to drain remainder...

did you test the charger?? I think i would start right there....or... i cant say it.

et to lil' ZenBook?

Pivotas
01-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Found a jewler's screwdriver that I then filed down to fit the Star screws and get the back off.. removed the battery, A scary/fragile connection under there. Held down the power on for 10+sec and no change... Had the forsight to get a 1 yr ADH plan with BestBuy... so it's going back

Pivotas
01-29-2012, 05:06 PM
...and the AC adapter checks out at 19.25 V

chrsplmr
01-29-2012, 05:11 PM
... yes.. good idea. take it back. a.s.a.p.....Best of Luck.c.