PDA

View Full Version : New G74SX-RBBK8 keyboard issue

jmusgrove
01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Sup members,
I recently upgraded my laptop from G73JH to G74SX -RBB08 and yes it looks just as cool. The issue I'm having with my keyboard is that when I type anything the letter"x" randomly is typed. Has anyone had this issue? Doesx it sound like a hardware or software problem? The laptop is fresh out of the box as of 1/28/2012.

An idea of what happens : I sxearch the forumsx andx google for ansxwerxs and now im out of luck and hopefully I or sxomeone wouldx figure it out and reply before i wasxte my time with Geek XSquadx.

Boosted_R
01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Update to the latest Keyboard drivers and see if that helps.....if not, I would say its hardware

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s

Boosted_R
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
double post....... forum is getting really glitchy lately

BrodyBoy
01-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Sup members,
I recently upgraded my laptop from G73JH to G74SX -RBB08 and yes it looks just as cool. The issue I'm having with my keyboard is that when I type anything the letter"x" randomly is typed. Has anyone had this issue? Doesx it sound like a hardware or software problem? The laptop is fresh out of the box as of 1/28/2012.

An idea of what happens : I sxearch the forumsx andx google for ansxwerxs and now im out of luck and hopefully I or sxomeone wouldx figure it out and reply before i wasxte my time with Geek XSquadx.
The most common "fix" is to update the BIOS to bersion 203, and then to uninstall the ATK Package and install ATK Package 1.0.0014. If you update the BIOS, be sure to use the EZ Flash method.

If you still have keyboard issues after that, you may have mechanical issues in your keyboard. Sp if you are within you return/exchange window, it might be wise to just try a different unit.

jmusgrove
01-29-2012, 07:37 PM
The most common "fix" is to update the BIOS to bersion 203, and then to uninstall the ATK Package and install ATK Package 1.0.0014. If you update the BIOS, be sure to use the EZ Flash method.

If you still have keyboard issues after that, you may have mechanical issues in your keyboard. Sp if you are within you return/exchange window, it might be wise to just try a different unit.

BIOS version 203 was initially installed. I uninstalled the APK package and re-installed it. No luck! Thanks for the responses everyone but unfortunately sxoundsx like itsx better to jusxt return it!

BrodyBoy
01-29-2012, 07:42 PM
BIOS version 203 was initially installed. I uninstalled the APK package and re-installed it. No luck! Thanks for the responses everyone but unfortunately sxoundsx like itsx better to jusxt return it!
I think so. I know it's a headache and disappointment, but that's actually easier than dealing with defective hardware.