PDA

View Full Version : hey my asus does some wierd thing

hukser
01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi i bought an G74S a month ago
and its biggining to get really f--- up
my numpad dosnīt work and i cant get the keybord light on, the 3d button dosnīt work
and the volume buttons dosnīt work too :(
is there a way to get it fixed ...
( i am from denmark so my english is not so good :P)
and when i start up the pc its saying that theres an problem with Windows Explorer

fuzon1337
01-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi

Which version of BIOS do you have?
I know that Asus Support have rolled out a update to fix these issues :)

EDIT: a link to "Support For G74SX" (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G74Sx&p=3&s=336)

Also, what did you do with you're notebook when you received it? Clean install, latest drivers ?

hukser
01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi

.... i am not so good with computers where do i see what version my bios is
(sry)
it says my os is win7 premium

hukser
01-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi

EDIT: a link to "Support For G74SX" (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G74Sx&p=3&s=336)

Also, what did you do with you're notebook when you received it? Clean install, latest drivers ?

i installed the latest driver and then i installed some games like wow . bf3

fuzon1337
01-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Download SIW (system information for windows) (http://gtopala.com/siw-download.php). Scroll down on that site, and install SIW Home Edition

When that is installed, run the program, hit BIOS under the category "hardware". Then you should be able to see which version you got.

But since, you're saying that you're not good with pc's then I would go for that you have the stock version (that you get when you buy the notebook) so that need to be updated to get it fixed.

One thing you could try to see if that helps, restore you're notebook to an earlier point when all worked as it did (to see if that helps, so you don't have to update the BIOS since that is tricky).

dstrakele
01-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi i bought an G74S a month ago
and its biggining to get really f--- up
my numpad dosnīt work and i cant get the keybord light on, the 3d button dosnīt work
and the volume buttons dosnīt work too :(
is there a way to get it fixed ...
( i am from denmark so my english is not so good :P)
and when i start up the pc its saying that theres an problem with Windows Explorer

Since you report you are just starting to have issues, I recommend you first follow @fuzon's advice to use Windows System Restore to restore your system to an eariler time - before the issues you have now appeared.

If that fails, your issues appear to be keyboard related. The ASUS ATK Package controls the function keys, turning the keyboard backlight on (Fn-F4) and off (Fn-F3), as well as controlling the Volume buttons.

I recommend launching "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", then right-clicking on "ASUS ATK Package", and choosing "Repair" from the popup menu. Then see if you can turn on the keyboard backlight with Fn-F4.

hukser
01-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Download SIW (system information for windows) (http://gtopala.com/siw-download.php). Scroll down on that site, and install SIW Home Edition

When that is installed, run the program, hit BIOS under the category "hardware". Then you should be able to see which version you got.

But since, you're saying that you're not good with pc's then I would go for that you have the stock version (that you get when you buy the notebook) so that need to be updated to get it fixed.

One thing you could try to see if that helps, restore you're notebook to an earlier point when all worked as it did (to see if that helps, so you don't have to update the BIOS since that is tricky).
hey my bios version is G74Sx.203

fuzon1337
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Hmm, ok.

You could try to use the Windows System Restore and restore you're notebook to an earlier point too see if that fixes it, or go for @dstrakele's solution ;)

hukser
01-29-2012, 09:22 PM

hey my bios version is G74Sx.203

hukser
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
it works now !!!!!
thanks 4 the help guys i cant eksplain how happy i am right now :)

dstrakele
01-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Good Job @fuzon! That's what we want to see...another satisified customer.

fuzon1337
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm glad to hear that the issue got fixed :D

@dstrakele, I didn't think about the ATK-package, so if @hukser used you're solution I will give the kudos to you ;) :)