PDA

View Full Version : G750JW system fans not blowing and not showing in BIOS

Terror_El
05-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Hi guys, as title states.

for the past 6 months or so my fans would blow 100% all the time, no way around it. The system would hang up and take forever to shutdown. So I did a ton of research and troubleshooting, eventually leading me to try driver updater programs. I tried to stick with names I know, I have at this point gotten Ashampoo Driver Updater and Auslogic Driver Updater. Found a ton of drivers that even gamers do not normally update, beyond sound, video, via, etc... So at some point in there I updated the BIOS to the newest one which is.../cry...from 2013...and that is version 210.

Well, I solved my system fans roaring at 100% speed for 100% of the time.Now they do not blow at all. Only the CPU fan shows up in CPUID app, Speccy, etc.. In the BIOS there is no hardware, fans, fan control, etc... listed at all. I am at a loss. the system is clean, everything appears connected, there appears to be no busted capacitors, and it is the same for both of the cooling fans.

I cannot afford another laptop, I am already using a USB keyboard and mouse for this one. lol If I lose this one, well, I lose everything really. I got 4-5 kids(we have a new born we care for a LOT), the other 4 are mine, 3 are special needs. So as you can imagine, I have little money to spare, and being disabled myself, not a lot I can do anymore, so I enjoy my computer when my family is at school or out for what have ya.

That was to basically let you know, I take care of this thing, so it didn't clog up from dust and such.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Clintlgm
05-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Have you tried blowing the dust out of the heatsink and vent cleaning the fans? Fans blowing 100% tell me they were unable to cool the CPU and GPU either because the system is layered in a mat of dust or they need repasting my first step would have been to clean it out way back when it started running 100% fans all the time. Since you covered all that your system needs repasting and possible fan replacement. Unfortunately your problems appear to be hardware related.

Terror_El
05-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Hiya!,

I was thinking it could be hardware, but for both of the fans to stop working after all ther software updates had me second guess that. And yes, the inside of my system is pretty clean. I have kept it clean. A lot of research into the fans blowing 100% prior to my updates led me to believe that was an software issue. Hence, the updates. But now, neither of the two system cooling fans are blowing. Only the CPU and GPU fans. And on top of that, no software or the BIOS even detect the two system fans. Actually the BIOS do not appear to have ANY fan control in it at all, which I thought was odd. That is the first thing I checked after I updated the BIOS. I thought maybe the default for the new BIOS shut them off for some reason. So , I am at a loss.

Clintlgm
05-29-2018, 12:09 AM
Hiya!,

I was thinking it could be hardware, but for both of the fans to stop working after all ther software updates had me second guess that. And yes, the inside of my system is pretty clean. I have kept it clean. A lot of research into the fans blowing 100% prior to my updates led me to believe that was an software issue. Hence, the updates. But now, neither of the two system cooling fans are blowing. Only the CPU and GPU fans. And on top of that, no software or the BIOS even detect the two system fans. Actually the BIOS do not appear to have ANY fan control in it at all, which I thought was odd. That is the first thing I checked after I updated the BIOS. I thought maybe the default for the new BIOS shut them off for some reason. So , I am at a loss.

Your correct that the BIOS controls the fans, and your also correct that there are no fan settings in the BIOS/UEFI so unless you or someone else used some aftermarket fan control program you have no control over the fan profile.

I assume you're running the latest BIOS? Chipset drivers, ATK package if not Asus Support Downloads (https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/)
I would use the Wireless LAN and Bluetooth drivers from Asus. but it really sounds like your having hardware issue, you said your fans had been running at 100% for a long time that surely would wear out the fans. Most likely your CPU and or GPU have been running hot for quite some time now.