PDA

View Full Version : Display Brightness

BMedcom
12-21-2010, 02:48 AM
I have a G73JHA1 I purchased from ABT Electronics in May of 2010. I have tried everything including calling ASUS, in which I have been hung up on, and even told it was my own problem. I have tried all the settings from the brightness keys, to the windows settings, and even updating my drivers. My screen is really "dim." So I called ABT, and guess what? ASUS is willing to do nothing, and ABT can not send me a new one because ASUS won't take it back, so ABT has agreed to let me send it in to them, and they will try and fix the screen, however due to my work I can't really go that long with out a laptop, and was wondering if any of you all have had this issue, know of any fixes, or have any suggestions? I need help! ASUS is really being a pain over this, and I have been calling since day 1 of receiving this machine. Tired of fooling with it. If anyone from ASUS is reading this, I hope they take note that their company is 100% against helping me (like I said I reported the problem form day 1) and the Rep. for ABT Electronics is not willing to help them as a store, or me!

MarkS
12-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Is your warranty through Asus or ABT? Sounds like it's through ABT so you don't have a lot (or any) of free options beyond going through ABT.

If the warranty was from Asus and you properly registered for the Asus warranty then there should be no issue at all. A good example of why one should buy from authorized Asus resellers and not from stores like ABT and Best Buy who substitute their own warranties in place of the Asus warranty.

BMedcom
12-21-2010, 08:29 PM
My warranty is through ASUS, all I had form ABT was a standard return policy. I spoke with ASUS this A.M., and ABT is an authorized retailer.

MarkS
12-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Hmm that's certainly not how I got treated by Asus and I went through two G73JH RMAs back-to-back in March/April.

Is this where you called "ASUS 24/7 domestic support (888) 678-3688 Option 3 then Option 2"?

Good luck!

BMedcom
12-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes, I believe that is the number I called. It is on a sticker on my laptop, but it is not with me at the moment.

Chastity@ASUS
12-22-2010, 11:51 PM
What I would suggest is that you look here (http://promos.asus.com/US/ASUS_NB_Warranty/NB_ANSP/index.html) and search for a local ASP location that is near you. Swing by and have a tech there look at your machine. They should be able to set-up an RMA if need be. If you need new parts, maybe you can have them order them, and then come back when they arrive, to minimize your downtime.

BMedcom
01-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know, hopefully I have resolved my issue. ASUS was apparently giving ABT Electronics a hard time as well as far as sending them a replacement LCD screen, which was deemed defective by a tech, who also noticed the screen was "flickering" which I was unaware of, so they are sending me out a new G73JWA1, in place of my G73JHA1. Thanks everyone for the advice. P.S. I found out, that ABT is in fact a auth. service center. My new unit is set to ship out today. Thanks again!

Brian@ASUS
01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
glad to see this got resolved. would you be able to PM me the person that treated you bad from our ASUS service? this way i can go yell at them.