PDA

View Full Version : ROG Spatha - Please let me assign "Mouse 4 - 10" in the Mousefunction Pull-Down Menu

Backstab
06-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Hallo Asus,

please add the Option to assign not only Mouse 1-3 (Left Click, Right Click, Scroll Click) but also "Mouse 4-14" under the "Mouse Function" Pull down menu.
Neutral imput is needed to assign things like Push2talk.

thank you

siggie
06-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,

I just bought the rogh spatha mouse. It is very good but one problem I found for gaming whicxh can be for people very anmnoning I guess:
the side keys are not like MouseButten 4, MouseButton 5, Mousbutton 6, etc . They are bound by keyboard buttons like = - + 1 2 3 4 5 6 # ctrl alt etc.
So usually you have no problems with mice which have that msbttn 4 msbttn 5 etc but with that mouse setting you have to look first which keyboardbutton youi dont need in this game to give the mouse these keyboard buttons on your keyboard. That would not be a problem if the side buttons has called MouseButton's 4-9 instead of giving them only keyboard functions. If I am wrong please correct me and tell me how to change it to the mouse button 4-9 option. Would be great, thanks.
Otherwise: Please Asus make an Update that people like me can change it to their way of coice :)

MasterC@ROG
06-07-2018, 09:29 AM
7, 8, 9, 0, -, and = are less commonly used keys on the keyboard, so generally it's safe to map with those keys. If you do need to use those particular keys, you can easily map other keys you don't use in-game to the side buttons, such as [ ] ; ' , . /.
Are you running out of keys to use on the keyboard? :D

siggie
06-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Yes I am really running out of keys. Playing Arma3 with that mouse. The Bad things are: I have to delete some keys for Infantry for the mouse to be able to use the keys without game key conflict. But when I am in a car or tank I have to keep the keys for my keyboard and come in conflict with the mouse keys then. I just don't get it why 'cheap' mice producers use this easy way where you dont get problems but for a mouse for over 130 bucks asus says 'we don't need that' ? I really think about selling the mouse again and buy me a cheaper better mouse where I have mouse buttons called by mouse buttons 3,4,5, or 6 and not only able to set to keyboard keys :(

siggie
06-09-2018, 12:30 AM
Yes, that would be great to have MouseBtn 4,5,6,7,8,9, too instead of keyboard buttons, macros and stuff only :(

Liquidus
07-06-2018, 03:31 AM
Give me 4,5,6,7,8,9 key input or give me libery!!

DeXZoR
07-14-2018, 07:01 PM
Same here this is something i have wanted seans day on of buyin this mouse. and yes @MasterC@ASUS ther are a problem whed key binds because different games use different ones and it do not end up in a good way to cep it simpel. so have the MouseBtn 4,5,6,7,8,9 whode be bigg help

it's very simple to explain the problem in words not by text for somting like me that can spell that well.

DeXZoR
07-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Yes I am really running out of keys. Playing Arma3 with that mouse. The Bad things are: I have to delete some keys for Infantry for the mouse to be able to use the keys without game key conflict. But when I am in a car or tank I have to keep the keys for my keyboard and come in conflict with the mouse keys then. I just don't get it why 'cheap' mice producers use this easy way where you dont get problems but for a mouse for over 130 bucks asus says 'we don't need that' ? I really think about selling the mouse again and buy me a cheaper better mouse where I have mouse buttons called by mouse buttons 3,4,5, or 6 and not only able to set to keyboard keys :(

I have a smiley problem in Post Scriptum The Bloody Seventh

shamandgg
08-01-2018, 08:28 PM
I agree! We need more DirectInput actions, from 4-10, for advanced profiling in our flight sims, we do not want to use keyboard functions.

siggie
08-23-2019, 09:05 PM
so whats up now? since ages not even a single answer from a technical guy or forum manager? I see that is not the only post where people being ignored ;) suspicious. :P

Al-Nour
08-12-2020, 04:34 PM
BUMP

I just got my Spatha - and yes, totally agree... it needs seperate mouse buttons WTH ...

I couldnt believe my eyes when I noticed that they're using the god damned keypad keys .... Games like Star Citizen already use those keys ... !

Tech support need to respond to this thread ... it cant be rocket science ...