PDA

View Full Version : ROG Armoury II - v2.06.01 [Report any issues here]

MasterC@ASUS
06-12-2018, 03:55 AM
Armoury II 2.06.01 is now available!
Use either Live Update or download manually here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Keyboard_Mouse/ROG_Armoury_v20601.zip?_ga=2.11740852.1005562235.1 528680342-329128221.1511925089

If you experience any issues, please post in this thread. Thanks!

*** New in 2.06.01 ***
Stats feature for keyboards:

*** Fixes ***
Spatha key assignment
Spatha calibration
Evolve key assignment
Installation on ROG Strix GL703

Marco1971
06-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Hi...supported models ? Gladius first version ?

Marco1971.

GeorgeKps
06-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Is there a changelog?

Also, a fire effect would be extremely awesome. Please please please?

nbtc971
06-12-2018, 10:20 PM
The "link to program" still doesn't seem to work all the time. Also, when I link a program, unlike when I first started using this software, the chain link doesn't light up.

Feature request:
I haven't tested this yet but I'm guessing it hasn't been added... will this software ever have the ability to know you aren't in a game (using a special lighting profile) and have the ability to go back to a default lighting profile? For example, I have a default lighting profile where all the keys are red, when I start a game, I have a special lighting profile where some keys aren't lit, or using different colors. When I shut the game down, I'd like the software to change my keyboard back to my default lighting profile.

Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS
06-13-2018, 06:20 AM
Hi...supported models ? Gladius first version ?

Marco1971.

Sorry, Gladius and Sica are not yet supported.

Seshi
06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
So after updating, my problem persists. Every time I turn on my pc from sleep, my claymore backlight flashes for a second and then turns off, if I want it back on I have to manually open armoury software every time. Is anyone else having the same issue?

MasterC@ASUS
06-14-2018, 09:03 AM
So after updating, my problem persists. Every time I turn on my pc from sleep, my claymore backlight flashes for a second and then turns off, if I want it back on I have to manually open armoury software every time. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Try resetting the Claymore by holding Fn+Esc for 15-20 seconds.

shamandgg
06-14-2018, 11:43 AM
When I open Armoury I have Windows 10 security pop up every time: 'Do you want this app to make changes...' with YES/NO selection, and it is quite a bugger.

MasterC@ASUS
06-15-2018, 01:52 AM
When I open Armoury I have Windows 10 security pop up every time: 'Do you want this app to make changes...' with YES/NO selection, and it is quite a bugger.

You'll need to change your User Account Control settings in Windows.

nbtc971
06-15-2018, 06:14 AM
I would say that this latest firmware/software is more stable. Before this I was having issues where the keyboard would just start disconnecting and reconnecting via usb. So, I think it's moving in the right direction.

One thing I'll report here but still needs more testing.. I think my profile "link" (linking a profile to a program) might stop working after I use FN + # (number of profile I want you use). Before that, after a restart of the PC, I think the link works. Again, I will test this a few more times and report back here.

FYI I have the Strix Flare keyboard.

Seshi
06-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Try resetting the Claymore by holding Fn+Esc for 15-20 seconds.

Sadly the solution doesnt fix the problem. I still have to actually open the software for it to light up again.

Lightbringer
06-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Sadly the solution doesnt fix the problem. I still have to actually open the software for it to light up again.

I had this problem to.
do you have Aura installed? I had to reinstall Aura AFTER the Armoury update and this issue stopped.

Seshi
06-16-2018, 02:02 AM
I had this problem to.
do you have Aura installed? I had to reinstall Aura AFTER the Armoury update and this issue stopped.

I do but I have aura turned off. I also tried your suggestion of reinstalling aura but my claymore still requires armoury to be opened or using shortcut keys to switch between lighting profiles for the lighting to turn back on.

Also, the link program feature doesn't work all the time and when the program is closed it doesn't have the ability to revert back default/previous profile. Logitech's gaming program does this really well!

YourMainDude
06-19-2018, 03:06 PM
ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe is posting as an APPCRASH in the Windows Event Log. I don't even use the macro feature.

Come on Asus ... fix this !

Description
Stopped working
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MacroAgent.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5ad6a86e
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.2.17134.112
Fault Module Timestamp: c863c6f9
Exception Code: c0020001
Exception Offset: 0010db52
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 821c74208e3732339c91ed72ec50c8e3 (2058687582531799267)

If someone from Asus can chime in here and explain clearly what 'service' is tied to this macro executable ( so I can go into the Admin Settings of Windows and disable it ) that would be greatly appreciated. I'm OK with disabling services for software that doesn't get fixed right away.

MasterC@ASUS
06-21-2018, 09:40 AM
I do but I have aura turned off. I also tried your suggestion of reinstalling aura but my claymore still requires armoury to be opened or using shortcut keys to switch between lighting profiles for the lighting to turn back on.

Also, the link program feature doesn't work all the time and when the program is closed it doesn't have the ability to revert back default/previous profile. Logitech's gaming program does this really well!

Which software are you using to control the lighting?
Aura or Armoury? If you want to control the lighting for peripherals only, then Armoury is all you need.
Are you running Aura Sync?
What ROG products do you have?
Have you tried testing on another PC?

MasterC@ASUS
06-21-2018, 09:57 AM
ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe is posting as an APPCRASH in the Windows Event Log. I don't even use the macro feature.

Come on Asus ... fix this !

Description
Stopped working
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MacroAgent.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5ad6a86e
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.2.17134.112
Fault Module Timestamp: c863c6f9
Exception Code: c0020001
Exception Offset: 0010db52
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 821c74208e3732339c91ed72ec50c8e3 (2058687582531799267)

If someone from Asus can chime in here and explain clearly what 'service' is tied to this macro executable ( so I can go into the Admin Settings of Windows and disable it ) that would be greatly appreciated. I'm OK with disabling services for software that doesn't get fixed right away.

Can you elaborate on how you managed to get this error? The steps in order to replicate would be ideal.

MasterC@ASUS
06-22-2018, 02:38 AM
Here's a counter question:

Ultimately, Asus wants customers. If a customer has an Asus Mobo - an Asus addressable strip - an Asus graphics card - and a Glad II mouse, how on earth are they supposed to focus on using ONE piece of Asus software for lighting control when something like Armory is absolutely needed for greater control of the mouse?

In answer to your question, I have both Armory & Aura installed on my Crosshair VII Hero.

The steps to get this error ...
Having Aura and Armory installed on the same machine.
For you to even suggest that these two pieces of software cannot coexist is quite revealing.

Here's another counter question - asked a second time:
Which service under Windows invokes the MacroAgent executable? I wish to disable that junk.

(Have I tried testing on another PC ... LMAO)

Sorry but if installing both Aura and Armoury causes this issue, we should have more than one case reported. So, it would be helpful if we know exactly what software and hardware you have, when the error occurs, and if testing your peripherals on another system produces the same result. Do you have a laptop to try on?

The purpose of Aura is to govern all lighting effects for your entire system, adding Armoury software provides greater control of peripherals. Armoury is a complete solution for those who only have peripherals, and have no need for comprehensive settings for the lighting. Since only one software is allowed to control the lighting at a time, you need to unsync all peripherals in Aura before opening Armoury.

One of the significant upgrades in Armoury II is driver-based macros. This means Armoury software does not need to be open for macros to work, however, you will need MacroAgent to be running as a background process. You don't wanna disable that junk :)

MasterC@ASUS
06-22-2018, 04:47 AM
Please understand it is difficult for us to replicate if you insist the conclusion is "Having Aura and Armoury installed on the same machine". Judging by the number of people with both installed and the number of cases reported, there is a strong indication that we should explore for solutions elsewhere.

By checking your peripherals on another system, it's possible to discover a software conflict or Windows-related issues since you probably have a similar environment there also, ascertain whether installing Aura and Armoury will indeed produce the same outcome on a different system, eliminate the possibility this is in any way connected to Aura hardware or software, etc. Having a second system to help troubleshoot is often a good idea, if you do not have one, we can find another way.

For now, macros will work fine regardless if you choose to leave Armoury II open instead.

Lightbringer
06-22-2018, 01:24 PM
I am convinced now that you are a robot... 'judging' by the responses.
Dear YourMainDude,

i normally do not interfere with such "high level" discussions, but in this case i just cannot refrain from adding a comment to you.
People like MasterC (yes yes, he is probably a human being) are here to help you, not to question your expertise on your hardware- and/or software skills.

So would you please, PLEASE try to listen to what MarsterC has to say and please, PLEASE stop just ranting around on every solutions he offers to narrow your problem down. He is actually trying to help you!
After all, and never forget it, it is YOUR problem with YOUR system.
So if someone is is being nice to you and offering his or her help, accept it, or just don't ask for it.

With all due respect.
thank you

Seshi
06-29-2018, 09:49 AM
Which software are you using to control the lighting?
Aura or Armoury? If you want to control the lighting for peripherals only, then Armoury is all you need.
Are you running Aura Sync?
What ROG products do you have?
Have you tried testing on another PC?

So the lighting doesn't turn off after waking up from sleep on my MacBook (no aura or armoury installed). So the problem seems to only happen on my desktop which I have both armoury and aura installed. I use Aura to turn off the lighting on my ROG Strix GPU and Maximus IX Formula motherboard, and armoury to control the lighting on my claymore. Assuming there is some sort of conflict between the two software but if I uninstall Aura I keep the lighting on the motherboard and GPU off.

Hopefully, you guys can combine the control software into 1 to prevent this kind of problem.

Hopper64
07-01-2018, 01:50 PM
The new FW installed fine manually for the Strix flare. Using latest 2.06.01 software, noticed that if I link the keyboard and mouse together in sync mode, the software crashes. I actually can't get the software to come up without it crashing now. ??

Hopper64
07-01-2018, 02:19 PM
I shutdown the machine in sync mode for the armoury software when this occurred.

Hopper64
07-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Controlling lighting effects via Aura seems to alleviate the above issue.

MasterC@ASUS
07-02-2018, 01:38 AM
So the lighting doesn't turn off after waking up from sleep on my MacBook (no aura or armoury installed). So the problem seems to only happen on my desktop which I have both armoury and aura installed. I use Aura to turn off the lighting on my ROG Strix GPU and Maximus IX Formula motherboard, and armoury to control the lighting on my claymore. Assuming there is some sort of conflict between the two software but if I uninstall Aura I keep the lighting on the motherboard and GPU off.

Hopefully, you guys can combine the control software into 1 to prevent this kind of problem.

If there a particular reason why you don't want to just use Aura for lighting? You've got all that Aura Sync gear...
Are you using the KeyBot USB port for the Claymore?

MasterC@ASUS
07-02-2018, 01:46 AM
The new FW installed fine manually for the Strix flare. Using latest 2.06.01 software, noticed that if I link the keyboard and mouse together in sync mode, the software crashes. I actually can't get the software to come up without it crashing now. ??

Is Armoury crashing if the lighting for the Flare and Gladius II Origin are synced? Is Aura Sync for other system components running at the same time? Such a configuration was tested to be fine, but it's probably best to just use Aura to control all the lighting.

Hopper64
07-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Is Armoury crashing if the lighting for the Flare and Gladius II Origin are synced? Is Aura Sync for other system components running at the same time? Such a configuration was tested to be fine, but it's probably best to just use Aura to control all the lighting.

Yes, armoury crashes when the 2 are synced.

I actually had aura unlinked from the mouse and keyboard when this occurred. I then linked mouse and keyboard in aura and the problem resolved.

Thanks. *

horen
07-06-2018, 07:39 AM
This release continues to launch every app if assigned to a fn key or mouse button, in administrator mode.

Dicehunter
07-07-2018, 10:32 PM
When I change DPI on my Spatha it doesn't register at all and the stats screen to show how many clicks etc... doesn't seem to do anything.

MasterC@ASUS
07-09-2018, 02:33 AM
When I change DPI on my Spatha it doesn't register at all and the stats screen to show how many clicks etc... doesn't seem to do anything.

What sensitivity have you set for the 2 different DPI levels? Does the DPI light toggle on and off as you press the button? The stats function only records the left and right mouse clicks, no other buttons.

MasterC@ASUS
07-09-2018, 03:50 AM
This release continues to launch every app if assigned to a fn key or mouse button, in administrator mode.

Under what circumstances does running in administrator mode cause an issue? Outlook?

Dicehunter
07-09-2018, 04:34 AM
What sensitivity have you set for the 2 different DPI levels? Does the DPI light toggle on and off as you press the button? The stats function only records the left and right mouse clicks, no other buttons.

Oddly it has remedied itself, All working now :)

horen
07-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Under what circumstances does running in administrator mode cause an issue? Outlook?

The question is, why It is launching everything in administrator mode and not what problem it causes.

horen
07-10-2018, 01:40 AM
Oddly it has remedied itself, All working now :)

Sorry, what does it mean it is working now ? It is still launching everything in admin mode.

Dicehunter
07-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Sorry, what does it mean it is working now ? It is still launching everything in admin mode.

My problem wasn't anything to do with admin mode, I quoted the wrong response from the Asus dev, My bad.

On a side note Armoury is the most unstable piece of software I have ever had, Simply switching profiles can make the software spaz out and crash, It needs some serious work.

horen
07-11-2018, 01:08 AM
My problem wasn't anything to do with admin mode, I quoted the wrong response from the Asus dev, My bad.

On a side note Armoury is the most unstable piece of software I have ever had, Simply switching profiles can make the software spaz out and crash, It needs some serious work.

I definitely agree with you.

Dicehunter
07-12-2018, 07:48 AM
Bug report: ROG Armoury crashes when I plug the cable into my Spatha.

MasterC@ASUS
07-13-2018, 05:26 AM
Bug report: ROG Armoury crashes when I plug the cable into my Spatha.

Is the dock still connected?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102305-Please-read-before-posting-any-new-Spatha-threads

Dicehunter
07-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Is the dock still connected?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102305-Please-read-before-posting-any-new-Spatha-threads

Thanks for the reply, But can the Spathas firmware not be updated to completely cut off the dock when the Spatha gets plugged in ?

I mean the Spatha works brilliantly if I plug the cable in, I just have to do my settings whilst it's in wireless mode and not open up Armoury while it's wired but still for a 140 mouse bought only a few days ago I wasn't expecting this.

MasterC@ASUS
07-17-2018, 05:31 AM
The Spatha was designed primarily to be wireless, with the option of wired for convenience (e.g. on the go with a laptop). Although I see a potential benefit for some, we did not consider running 2 USB cables concurrently for a wireless mouse to be typical usage at the time.

More testing will need to be performed to replicate your issue. So far I have connected via both wired and wireless, ROG Armoury auto-detects fine and does not crash.
Have you tried different USB ports?

Chris92VN
07-17-2018, 11:34 AM
ROG Sica is not detected in ROG Armoury II
Previous ROG Armoury can detect ROG Sica well, as well as Windows 10

MasterC@ASUS
07-17-2018, 04:03 PM
ROG Sica is not detected in ROG Armoury II
Previous ROG Armoury can detect ROG Sica well, as well as Windows 10

Sorry the original Gladius and Sica are not yet supported in Armoury II.

Chiramii
07-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Hello, new Strix Flare owner here. Am I the only one having trouble adjusting the brightness on my keyboard with the dedicated brightness key when I have a custom lighting profile active? The brightness key works for default profiles, but not custom ones, so I have to do it in Armoury II which is a hassle. Also, if I make a custom profile with a wave that moves vertically, the top row will not light up (esc > pause/break keys).

Al-CaPwn_NL
07-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Hello,

i just bought myself a STRIX FLARE and a SPATHA. everything was fine till abou a week ago. my spatha was acting weird in profile one. DPI switch was not working normal. if i press once i can only move left or right and the second time up and down. third press armoury crashes. i send the mouse back to the store i bought it and they say nothings wrong with it. so i decided to u install armoury and clean the registry. now i keep getting catastropic failure whenerver i try to install any version of armoury! i unistalled all asus programms on my pc i used revo to do this. still the catastropic error. what should i do?

MasterC@ASUS
07-19-2018, 02:54 AM
Hello, new Strix Flare owner here. Am I the only one having trouble adjusting the brightness on my keyboard with the dedicated brightness key when I have a custom lighting profile active? The brightness key works for default profiles, but not custom ones, so I have to do it in Armoury II which is a hassle. Also, if I make a custom profile with a wave that moves vertically, the top row will not light up (esc > pause/break keys).

Custom effects give you finer controls including brightness in any area you wish. However, if the brightness button is enabled, the various brightness levels you defined will be reset. The brightness will need to be controlled from within custom effects only.

I can confirm that top row of keys does not light up when the vertical wave effect is active under custom effects. I have notified the team. Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS
07-19-2018, 02:55 AM
Hello,

i just bought myself a STRIX FLARE and a SPATHA. everything was fine till abou a week ago. my spatha was acting weird in profile one. DPI switch was not working normal. if i press once i can only move left or right and the second time up and down. third press armoury crashes. i send the mouse back to the store i bought it and they say nothings wrong with it. so i decided to u install armoury and clean the registry. now i keep getting catastropic failure whenerver i try to install any version of armoury! i unistalled all asus programms on my pc i used revo to do this. still the catastropic error. what should i do?

Please try this:

nbtc971
07-20-2018, 05:00 AM
It would be nice to get this software stable so that we can actually start requesting new or updated features. Any new released coming soon.. I hope?

aoishii
07-20-2018, 07:51 AM
I just bought a Strix Flare keyboard and a Gladius II Origin mouse and cannot seem to be able to install any version of Armoury II (tried 2.04 through to 2.06). The following error message appears at 82% of the setup for all versions:

I have uninstalled all Aura software prior to attempting the Armoury installation. Any ideas/workarounds on how to install it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 10 64bit.

PS:

I am running all the setups from the admin account, tried compatibility mode too, no luck.

MasterC@ASUS
07-23-2018, 09:49 AM
I just bought a Strix Flare keyboard and a Gladius II Origin mouse and cannot seem to be able to install any version of Armoury II (tried 2.04 through to 2.06). The following error message appears at 82% of the setup for all versions:

I have uninstalled all Aura software prior to attempting the Armoury installation. Any ideas/workarounds on how to install it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 10 64bit.

PS:

I am running all the setups from the admin account, tried compatibility mode too, no luck.

So far, we are unable to replicate this installation issue. It's quite strange, there is no file named AP_01b8c.rra.
To confirm, you have downloaded from the official support site 2.04.06, 2.04.07, 2.04.09, 2.05.01, 2.06.01, and all of them result in the same error message?
Can you try disabling your anti-virus or firewall first?
Has anyone else seen this error message?
Have you tried installing Armoury on another PC?

TOMULA
07-23-2018, 03:15 PM
You'll need to change your User Account Control settings in Windows.

i My name is Tom

I'm happy owner of Asus FX503, ROG STRIX headphones,

and not very happy owner of SICA mouse because the latest drivers ON THE ASUS WEBSITE ARE STILL NOT WORKING! when you going to fix it it is ridiculous. :mad:74807

Dicehunter
07-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Every few days the Spatha will completely delete all profiles 1-5 or jumble them up, All buttons will be deleted i.e left click etc... DPI changes don't seem to register so I have to plug in my old Corsair mouse, Uninstall Armoury, Reinstall it then save everything, Then when it's saved to the Spatha I have to uninstall Armoury so it can't mess things up again, Considering this is an integral piece of software for the hardware YOU sell the stability of it is like something pre-alpha.

I know you guys do a lot of products but sorting armoury out should be a priority, Aswell as being able to change the Spatha dock light ;)

MasterC@ASUS
07-24-2018, 01:55 AM
i My name is Tom

I'm happy owner of Asus FX503, ROG STRIX headphones,

and not very happy owner of SICA mouse because the latest drivers ON THE ASUS WEBSITE ARE STILL NOT WORKING! when you going to fix it it is ridiculous. :mad:74807

There are error messages if reverting to an older version of Armoury. Just click on ignore for any warning pop-ups or reboot and reinstall.

MasterC@ASUS
07-24-2018, 01:56 AM
Every few days the Spatha will completely delete all profiles 1-5 or jumble them up, All buttons will be deleted i.e left click etc... DPI changes don't seem to register so I have to plug in my old Corsair mouse, Uninstall Armoury, Reinstall it then save everything, Then when it's saved to the Spatha I have to uninstall Armoury so it can't mess things up again, Considering this is an integral piece of software for the hardware YOU sell the stability of it is like something pre-alpha.

I know you guys do a lot of products but sorting armoury out should be a priority, Aswell as being able to change the Spatha dock light ;)

Do you still have both the Spatha mouse and dock connected at the same time?

XPredator13
07-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Is my Strix Impact unable to create profiles? I cant find to save them. Also, I use gladius 1 and the strix impact, and this software being unable to detect my gladius 1 is a shame asus, fix this asap, respect your customers.

MasterC@ASUS
07-27-2018, 03:21 AM
Is my Strix Impact unable to create profiles? I cant find to save them. Also, I use gladius 1 and the strix impact, and this software being unable to detect my gladius 1 is a shame asus, fix this asap, respect your customers.

We will look into the profile issue for the Impact. Armoury II does not support the original Gladius and Sica yet, will need to use Armoury 1 for now.

aoishii
07-27-2018, 08:12 PM
So far, we are unable to replicate this installation issue. It's quite strange, there is no file named AP_01b8c.rra.
To confirm, you have downloaded from the official support site 2.04.06, 2.04.07, 2.04.09, 2.05.01, 2.06.01, and all of them result in the same error message?
Can you try disabling your anti-virus or firewall first?
Has anyone else seen this error message?
Have you tried installing Armoury on another PC?

Thank you for the tip, it was indeed an issue with my antivirus, Armoury got installed correctly once disabled.

horen
07-29-2018, 01:14 AM
Hello,

v2.06.01 fixed the ROG Spatha issue with the Win Key for mouse buttons. v2.06.04 broke it again. Using any Win combination for keyboard function of buttons turns again into Alt and is useless.
Please check again regressions before releasing the software.

Thanks

horen
07-29-2018, 01:15 AM
By the way every assigned launch still runs in administrator mode. It looks like no one cares about issues like this.

D4ilyD0se
08-20-2018, 04:35 AM
I've already posted this in the ROG Mice, but the original issue was the DPI not working on the ROG Spatha. So I reverted to older version, then it prompted me to update the software, so I did. It caused a complete and total crash of my computer! Fortunately, nothing of value was lost. Only video games and my OS. Things that can be replaced. But seriously... WTF!?

D4ilyD0se
08-20-2018, 04:46 AM
And waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.... The Armoury is up, but it's just "loading." The 4 loading dots just pulsing back and forth. This after Armoury crashing my computer in my previous message. I don't get how you guys have the worst Mouse/Keyboard config software in the market. I thought ASUS was reputable... not second class.

D4ilyD0se
08-20-2018, 04:49 AM
Yep, I'll be returning this mouse. Steel Series, DeathAdder, Logitech, even companies no one has ever heard of, their mouse config software is not nearly this buggy.

MasterC@ASUS
08-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Please try the latest version of Armoury II - 2.06.04
Please report any issues it that thread, this thread is now closed. Thanks.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104022-ROG-Armoury-II-v2-06-04-Report-any-issues-here