PDA

View Full Version : ASUS k53SC-SX011V

skadr0n
02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Hello. I have a ASUS k53SC-SX011V laptop with Intel HM65 Express chipset. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i could change the memory timings because i bought new ram modules and i'd like to tweak them. I can't do it from bios, as many of the advanced features are hidden and various programs such as SPDTools won't work on my chipset

xeromist
02-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't think there is a way to do it. The BIOS on these machines is very simple because they are not intended for overclocking/tweaking.

skadr0n
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
10x for the quick response :). I've read on some forums that the bios has some hidden menus but no one knew how to unlock them. is that even possible? is there a way to unlock those menus or to flash a custom bios that could do that?

xeromist
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Possibly. I know that with some ASUS laptops people have edited the BIOS file and then reflashed it to access hidden things, but editing a BIOS like that can result in a bricked machine. Unless you have the specialized tools to recover a bricked machine I really wouldn't recommend it.

skadr0n
02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Can you please tell me the name of some software that i could use to do it ? or maybe someone that could help me do it? i only need to change the timings of my ram modules,nothing else.

xeromist
02-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Lannigan was the one doing it here so he might be able to help you but that was on a different model. I can't emphasize strongly enough though that this is a risky endeavor and people have killed motherboards doing it so think if it is worth it before you start.