PDA

View Full Version : Asus G51v laptop failure after BIOS update

storm-chaser
07-01-2018, 05:15 PM
I purchased this laptop a few weeks ago and after fixing the screen and re-applying better thermal paste I decided to make the fateful decision to update the BIOS to the latest release.

I matched the BIOS up and assured it was the correct version for use with this laptop. Only thing I wasn't quite sure of was if it was a best buy version or the standard OEM version released by Asus.

The BIOS update was successful and on reboot the screen lit up and I noticed it said CMOS checksum fail, press F1 to enter BIOS. So I did, and I reset it to defaults, and rebooted again. Only to get a blank screen from here on out. So far, I've tried removing the battery and holding the power button down for up to two minutes, with no luck. I can't seem to figure this out. If the BIOS was mismatched, you'd think I would have never gotten a video screen to begin with.

Not sure where to go from here, but I was thinking if I could pull the battery that's going to be my next attempt at resolution.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated. I'm just not sure if it's a bad BIOS update or simply a setting I activated (such as activating Asus Express gate)

I've also tried an external monitor with no luck.