PDA

View Full Version : G751JT - Cursor flickering and everything is slow.

teefn
07-04-2018, 08:13 PM
This just recently started happening. My mouse cursor is flickering and my entire laptop is slow. When my cursor doesn't flicker, everything is fine. Anyone have something similar happen to them and know a fix? GPU/CPU/Memory seems normal but memory usage jumps to 99% at times. When things flicker mem/cpu/gpu usage does not seem extreme like 30% cpu-30% mem-3%gpu.

Does it have something to do with windows explorer? It seems whatever application I have open or I am looking at severely lags. For example, when I am on my browser it will lag, but a game in the background is running perfectly normal FPS. When I switch to the game, FPS drops significantly.

Darnassus
07-05-2018, 02:59 AM
I get this too, I think it's a Chrome thing, uncertain.. perhaps Win10.

It happens when I have many tabs open, especially if they're GIFs or stuff.. it seems to seize up the OS, or Chrome does something.

I'm fairly certain it's Chrome though, I assume that's what you use?

The Symptoms are: Mouse flickers, moves really slowly, OS hangs, lasting for 3-4 seconds sometimes even longer, then begins to function smoothly after.

Correct?

Drunkenninja
07-09-2018, 06:43 AM
last creators update in windows 10 causes this, either roll back or use a program to fix windows, the one i used was by tweakngi i think and it repairs windows in safe mode, it's free as well.