PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G752VS with 2.5 " SSD only @SATA II

Hahjo
07-18-2018, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a problem and wasnīt able to fix it. Maybe you folks have an idea:
Iīm using a samsung 960 EVO 2.5 " drive. Itīs only running @SATA II that means @ 3Gbit/s. I have windows 10.

The strange thing is, when I reboot my Laptop, Samsung SSD magican says, this SSD is running @ 6 Gbit/s and atto-SSD bench reporting transfer rates about ~500 MByte/s.
After 30 seconds, sometimes 1 minute, I reload Samsung SSD magican drive detection, and the same disk runs only @ 3 GBit/s. ATTO SSD bench now reports transfer rares about 250 MByte/s.
The only reason should be something in Windows or do anybody has an other idea?

Thanks for reading and replies.

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Hahjo

jdfrench3
07-18-2018, 04:09 PM
Check the disk drive driver in Device Manager. It should be Microsoft Driver Version 10.0.17134.1 Driver Date 6/21/2006.

Hahjo
07-18-2018, 04:58 PM
Check the disk drive driver in Device Manager. It should be Microsoft Driver Version 10.0.17134.1 Driver Date 6/21/2006.

Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes it is this driver/version.

I thought, maybe it is a service which is loaded after some minutes in Windows after boot. But I didnīt find anything which is looking not okay.

jdfrench3
07-18-2018, 05:30 PM
When I run Samsung Magician on my 850 Pro SSD, the AHCI Mode is deactivated, Trim status enabled. I get SATA 6.0Gb/s rates.

Hahjo
07-18-2018, 06:45 PM
I tried with ahci and not. Makes no difference. ��

Clintlgm
07-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a problem and wasnīt able to fix it. Maybe you folks have an idea:
Iīm using a samsung 960 EVO 2.5 " drive. Itīs only running @SATA II that means @ 3Gbit/s. I have windows 10.

The strange thing is, when I reboot my Laptop, Samsung SSD magican says, this SSD is running @ 6 Gbit/s and atto-SSD bench reporting transfer rates about ~500 MByte/s.
After 30 seconds, sometimes 1 minute, I reload Samsung SSD magican drive detection, and the same disk runs only @ 3 GBit/s. ATTO SSD bench now reports transfer rares about 250 MByte/s.
The only reason should be something in Windows or do anybody has an other idea?

Thanks for reading and replies.

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Hahjo

Yes 500mbs up down and up that is the capability of the 2.5" SATA SSD that is correct that's up from a couple of years ago when we were getting 350 mbs with the 840 pro your SSD is working at 6gbs SATA III correctly.

Hahjo
07-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Yes, but I wrote, that after some time my speed is getting down and the samsung software says I am @sata II instead of sata III

Clintlgm
07-19-2018, 06:03 PM
Yes, but I wrote, that after some time my speed is getting down and the samsung software says I am @sata II instead of sata III
Sounds like a defective SSD or connector you could try updating chipset drivers but this sounds like a hardware issue, have you tried any other Hard drive or SSD in the same slot? if you have and they have no issues I would think that the issue would be with the SSD

Hahjo
07-19-2018, 06:17 PM
Yes. Other SSD has the same problem. But the first minutes it is functional. I' m running with best performance energy plan...no energy saving enabled.*

Clintlgm
07-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Yes. Other SSD has the same problem. But the first minutes it is functional. I' m running with best performance energy plan...no energy saving enabled.*
We
Well that pretty much brings it down to the connector on the motherboard if all SSD do the same thing on that connector have you tried the other M.2 connector you should have 2

Hahjo
07-20-2018, 05:22 PM
How can I connect a 2.5 " SSD with m.2. connector?

Clintlgm
07-21-2018, 05:18 AM
How can I connect a 2.5 " SSD with m.2. connector?
Well, you said the Samsung was an NVME that would be an M.2 so you confused me. so then since you only have 1 2.5 slot and it acting badly with 2 different SSD I would say that you have a problem with that connector or both your 2.5 SSD are defective, my thinking is its the connector?

Have you tried an M.2 SSD Since your manual said its NVME it won't be going through the SATA Controler or connector? So if your 2 M.2 slots are ok you can get by with them?

One more thing you can try is you have an image of the original disk you could restore it one of your SSD either one since you'll still have your program and data on the other. If you RMA it that is what they will do is put the original image back on your notebook and if works they send it back
If you didn't create any images then do a clean install and then install all the original drivers from your eSupport folder don't update any of them until you either find that your SSDs work correctly or they still don't and that would mean you have a defective SATA connector or controller

Hahjo
07-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Nope I never set it is a NVME. Sorry. It is an normal 2.5" SSD with sata III. I tried a lot the last days and seems that the reason is a kind of energy saving. When I boot the Laptop and use the SSD with Transfers it maybe gaming it is still @6Gbit/s. But if I don't use it some minutes it goes down to 3Gbit/s. But it never goes back itself. Only reboot or powersaving mode enable the 6 Gbit/s again.*

Clintlgm
07-21-2018, 04:40 PM
Nope I never set it is a NVME. Sorry. It is an normal 2.5" SSD with sata III. I tried a lot the last days and seems that the reason is a kind of energy saving. When I boot the Laptop and use the SSD with Transfers it maybe gaming it is still @6Gbit/s. But if I don't use it some minutes it goes down to 3Gbit/s. But it never goes back itself. Only reboot or powersaving mode enable the 6 Gbit/s again.*

Well it's all over my head you'll have to deal with Asus support it seems to be only you that is having this issue!!

Hahjo
07-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Hm thank you. Sounds like you are right. But I don't get why it work sometimes. Maybe I do a real clean installation.*

Clintlgm
07-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Hm thank you. Sounds like you are right. But I don't get why it work sometimes. Maybe I do a real clean installation.*
Don't forget to save your eSupport folder you'll need the driver and software in that folder to get everything working again after a clean install

Hahjo
08-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Alright. I did a clean windows 10 installation today. Now itīs pretty good. The 2.5 SSD is now always workin @Sata III 6GBit/s. But sometimes, when I do a reboot, the screen remains black and I have to switch off the Laptop and start it again. Does anybody know this problem?

Clintlgm
08-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Alright. I did a clean windows 10 installation today. Now itīs pretty good. The 2.5 SSD is now always workin @Sata III 6GBit/s. But sometimes, when I do a reboot, the screen remains black and I have to switch off the Laptop and start it again. Does anybody know this problem?
Have you uninstalled the Windows Native hardware drivers and installed the Asus ones. That black screen is probably due to the Nvidia driver not finding its load file it could be any number of things causing the delay, how long have you let it go before rebooting again?
Install the Chipset files first if you didn' t then you'll have to run them for Command Prompt admin mode you can google how this is done.
ATK package is critical, IME critical Video, Audio, Trackpad, BIOS
If you competed all drivers then you may need to repair your boot manager, you could do this by doing an in-place upgrade With the Same USB you just clean installed from Remove any other hard drives before starting.

Macrium Reflect (https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree) has a boot repair module that works quite well.

You Can try to repair your windows using DISM Tools, these run from an admin CMD Prompt One at a time some wil take quite awhile to complete don't get impatient Copy and past

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f